Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:59 PM

22 posts, read 74,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellySR View Post
This thread is very helpful. My fmaily and I hope to relocate in the next 3-12 mos depending on hubby's job relocation in Durham. I TOO have been told over and over to stay away from DUrham...from people in the Raleigh area and even from people here in NJ! We want suburban but NOT cookie cutter so maybe SW DUrham is actually better for us than N Raleigh/Cary...we were also looking in Wake Forest b/c your dollar goes SOOO far but the commute would be awful to Durham...which developments in SW Durham (looking to stay around $400K) would you recommend we look at in Nov when we visit again? THANKS in advance!!!
KellySR,
You may want to add the newer section of Fairfield to your list! Some houses are listed in the high 400's to 500's range, but as everyone has said so far, SW Duhram is a great place to live an raise a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 10:02 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,768,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellySR View Post
This thread is very helpful. My fmaily and I hope to relocate in the next 3-12 mos depending on hubby's job relocation in Durham. I TOO have been told over and over to stay away from DUrham...from people in the Raleigh area and even from people here in NJ! We want suburban but NOT cookie cutter so maybe SW DUrham is actually better for us than N Raleigh/Cary...we were also looking in Wake Forest b/c your dollar goes SOOO far but the commute would be awful to Durham...which developments in SW Durham (looking to stay around $400K) would you recommend we look at in Nov when we visit again? THANKS in advance!!!
Durham Magazine just had 2 articles (one the last issue and one the current issue) on homes in SW Durham... particularly South of Southpoint. Maybe email them and see if they will send you the last 2 issues.

In the 400K range I would look at Grandale, Fairfield, Huntington Ridge, Chelsea Meadows, Wellington Forrest, the smaller subdivisions off of Herndon Rd (like Oakhurst, Oakhaven, Lakehurst, Southhampton). There is a new Toll Brother's development off of Fayetteville near Southpoint...sorry I can't think of the name right now. I'd also look at Carillon Forest ( a bit closer to Chapel Hill).

Grandale, Southhampton, Carillon, & the Toll Brothers development are all new... if you want to build. There are also a few buildable lots in Fairfield event though it is a 20 year old subdivision. The others you would be looking a resale but some of these (like Oakhurst & Oakhaven) are only 3-4 years old.

Also for 400K you might find something in Hope Valley. Hope Valley Country Club ranges from the 300s to over the million mark. It's has lovely trees and is well established.

Good luck.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:17 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,605,652 times
Lightbulb Fairfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityloop View Post
KellySR,
You may want to add the newer section of Fairfield to your list! Some houses are listed in the high 400's to 500's range, but as everyone has said so far, SW Durham is a great place to live an raise a family.
I would highly recommend SW Durham and Fairfield (Although I may be alittle biased as I do live there ). If you have any questions with Fairfield or Garman Homes feel free to give me a holler.

Good luck with your search!
Matt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary