Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:25 PM

185 posts, read 567,882 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are moving to the area in the next 6 months and we need to start deciding where we will want to live. I will be going to a school located on Buck Jones Rd. and the places that my fiance is interested in for a job are very close. We would like to get an apartment close to my school so that we don't have to worry about me getting lost (although that could happen even if we lived right next door to the school )

Does any one have any recommendations for apartments in that area? We think we'll need to stay in the range of $400-$600 but obviously don't know for sure since we don't know what his salary will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 06:39 AM

The apartments don't have to be right on that road, just in that general area. If any one has any recommendations for good (or even bad ones to stay away from) we would really appreciate it!

Old 07-31-2008, 06:51 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,119,385 times
There are some apartments off of Bashford Road which are OK I think, but I don't know the names of them. There are also some apartments ON Buck Jones Road that I would stay away from. Again, I don't know the name, but it's a pretty large complex and a slightly seedy area off a road called Portree Place.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:57 PM

14 posts, read 214,666 times
There are a lot of apartments near Lake Dam Rd and Avent Ferry Dr. I had an apartment at Remington Place and it was a nice place to live.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:02 PM

113 posts, read 436,846 times
Do you know if it's the Cary end of Buck Jones (Walnut St) or the Raleigh end (Hillsborough St/Western Blvd)? That will probably make a difference in the suggestions.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:04 PM

It's near the Walnut St. end. I don't know if having the address will help but just in case it's 1301 Buck Jones Rd.

My fiance and I were discussing our options and think that we would much rather have a private landlord than live in an apartment complex. We are now living in our second apartment and both have had private landlords. Any recommendations or input on this?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:10 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,660,079 times
You can search on this site: Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.

Almost all the apts are complexes here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampetry View Post
It's near the Walnut St. end. I don't know if having the address will help but just in case it's 1301 Buck Jones Rd.

My fiance and I were discussing our options and think that we would much rather have a private landlord than live in an apartment complex. We are now living in our second apartment and both have had private landlords. Any recommendations or input on this?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:26 PM

MAtoNC-thank you for your response. I have looked at that website before but I always wonder if it's not just people who didn't like a place ranting (very few people go to websites like that to give a good review) or if it's the apartments manager/employees going on there to talk the place up. I will definitely look again though!

Old 07-31-2008, 03:34 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,660,079 times
Well, you have to take it with a grain of salt. That is for sure! I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I rented on the Cary/Morrisville line. The only thing I know about the area is it's between Cary and Inside The Beltline (ITB). The only thing I've heard about West Raleigh is there are quite a few students (NC State etc) and some apartments are a little rowdy or not as quiet as they should be!

Old 07-31-2008, 04:55 PM

677 posts, read 1,904,475 times
We used to live in a townhome community (Suncreek) off Buck Jones Road on Farmgate Road. It was a nice quiet community and would be a great location if you could find one for rent...not sure how to find one other than to ride through and look for signs. All the buildings are one story with four units, and lots of owner-occupieds but some rentals too. There are other apartments on Farmgate that look nice too. Farmgate runs between Buck Jones Road and then to Western Blvd. Extension which takes you right to the exits for I-40 or beyond there to Cary Towne Center mall. I am afraid your price range may be a little low, though, for almost anything decent in this area.

As a previous poster said, the "middle" area of Buck Jones should probably be avoided. At one time there was a good bit of crime although the owner of the Little Sue mini mart has tried to help "clean things up" a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary