Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:30 AM

451 posts, read 1,655,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyouth View Post
See, there you go, assuming that you know where the shirts I am discussing are made. The non-iron shirts I have and sell are NOT made in China, they are made in Malaysia.
Just out of curiosity, are the shirts made of bamboo? [there really is no joke in this, in case anyone is wondering].

p.s. What a strange thread this turned out to be.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 PM

519 posts, read 983,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilirubin View Post
Just out of curiosity, are the shirts made of bamboo? [there really is no joke in this, in case anyone is wondering].

Nope. 100% cotton. And sometimes, the cotton is from this country (Supima cotton).

Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanerjohn View Post
King, how the heck am I supposed to find out where you work. It really doesn't matter. It would just be nice if you could at least let us know who the label is so that we can be educated consumers. I have a scientific background and just cannot take one's word for it. I have to research and find out who it is. So until then, we just have to assume that wrinkle free items have formaldehyde treatment. This is my final comment on this matter because I really do not want this forum to be tit for tat. You should put your company's name here so that you can increase your business although I respect you for not advertising.

If you tell us the designer, then you will not be advertising for YOUR company because designer's clothing can be purchased at many different stores.

Thanks.
So you have a scientific background, yet you enjoy assuming? Like I have stated before, I cannot tell you the designer of the shirt since that is the company I work for. It is not like I work at Liles at North Hills and sell different companies' shirts. I work for a clothing company that only sells its own products. So in essence, I would be advertising for the company for which I work. And it is not MY company. I have never said it was. The company I work for has been around WAY, WAY too long for me to have been the founder.

I am not trying to go tit for tat either. But I thought it was proper to mention that not all non-iron shirts are created the same and they are not all made in China. You can continue to assume that all non-iron shirts have formaldehyde. And it is your right to not believe me since I am not at liberty to say what company I work for.

Actually, I believe mentioning the company for which I work would be a violation of TOS, my post would get removed, and this thread would get closed. And I don't want any of those things to happen.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilirubin View Post

I forgot to mention this: I have seen many women's clothes made partly out of bamboo. This especially works for clothing to wear during the warmest months. Clothes keep their shape very well when made with bamboo.

I am sorry I didn't mention this before.

(It's a great question. I didn't take it as a joke).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary