Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 03:09 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times

Advertisements

I read threads about this place before, but they are outdated. Does anyone have any input about it? I heard some negative responses, but has it changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 03:27 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,211 times
we have friends with a lot and travel trailer up there. The lake is not huge (but big enough for boating) and does not get as crowded as other local lakes. There are a couple of sections of the lake, one is expensive homes on the water (400k-800k), then a section with cottage homes (more in the 200 range), then there is a travel trailer section, some are water front lots, others are not. The travel trailers range in "quality". In the travel trailer section you can "add on" to the trailer, and people with older smaller trailers have enclosed them and made them a bit bigger.

it is a private lake community, so only homeowner's allowed (and their guests), there is a pool as well. The prices have increased dramatically in the past couple of years simply because falls lake is getting more crowded and more people are moving to the northern part of the county.

It is a nice area, but you need to make sure you look around and find a good lot. If you buy a lot without a trailer on it, then you will need to hook up water and electric, and many lots have a septic hooked up as well. those are simply some added expenses you need to consider.

Leigh

Old 06-21-2008, 03:36 PM

Are there any subdivisions closer to the Raleigh area that are similar. I guess what I'm trying to say is that community sounds like it fits our needs, but we'd like to find something like it closer to Raleigh. Then, we could live there full-time. That's kind of in the middle of nowhere to live full-time. I would be nice to park our TT there and go for weekend trips.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:41 PM

57 posts, read 251,029 times
Hi

I am currently building a home in Lake Royale. My husband works in Rocky Mount which about 30 minutes. Today we were out there and went to Best Buy in Raleigh on Glenwood and it only took us about 35 minutes.
We are building a 3 bedroom with 2 bonus rooms for 207k on .80 acres.
It is kind of out there but I think the area is really nice, I am not crazy about Louisburg itself but I kind of like Bunn and all the other small surrounding towns.
If you want more info I am willing to share what I know, I consider myself to be kind of picky and I like Lake Royale.
Kristin

Old 06-21-2008, 03:47 PM

How big is the subdivision and is it safe to leave my travel trailer there? Can you walk to the pool from the campground? Are most of the people full-time residents or vacationers?

Old 06-21-2008, 04:01 PM

57 posts, read 251,029 times
I think it is big it takes almost 15 minutes to drive around the area. I do not know how far the pool is from the trailer section but I know it is in that general area. I think it is a safe area, they have their own police dept and it is gated so you need to live there or be a guest to get in. I am not really sure on this but I think there are more homes than camp/trailer sites.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:18 PM

The closest Walmart is Wake Forest and it says it's about 30 minutes away. That's kind of far for me. It definately sounds like an awesome weekend getaway though. Only if I could pick Lake Royale up and put it in WF. But then, it probably would be out of our price range.Any other input about Lake Royale would be appreciated.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:31 PM

21 posts, read 100,665 times
My family has had a cottage at Lake Royale for over 30 years (since it opened as Lake Sagamore). We are weekenders but I know a lot of people live there full time now. With the bypass around Knightdale and 540 close to that commuting is not so bad. I would suggest living on the "gate" side of the lake or it would take awhile just to get out of the neighborhood. The community pool is on the camper lot side of the lake but it would depend on where your lot is on whether or not you can walk there. Lots of folks have golf carts for getting around. There is a Walmart in Louisburg much closer than Wake Forest and Zebulon is not far away either. If you call the real estate agency on site you can arrange a tour and get a feel for the community.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbl View Post
My family has had a cottage at Lake Royale for over 30 years (since it opened as Lake Sagamore). We are weekenders but I know a lot of people live there full time now. With the bypass around Knightdale and 540 close to that commuting is not so bad. I would suggest living on the "gate" side of the lake or it would take awhile just to get out of the neighborhood. The community pool is on the camper lot side of the lake but it would depend on where your lot is on whether or not you can walk there. Lots of folks have golf carts for getting around. There is a Walmart in Louisburg much closer than Wake Forest and Zebulon is not far away either. If you call the real estate agency on site you can arrange a tour and get a feel for the community.
Is it a friendly community? Have you participated in any of the activities they have? Are the campsites near the gate side? Are you allowed to have 4 wheelers in there?

Old 06-23-2008, 07:31 PM

21 posts, read 100,665 times
Everyone I have ever known there has been friendly. I used to go to the dances but that has been awhile. I have taken my kids to the Easter egg hunts and the July 4th parade and the fireworks that night which are all fun. I believe they have activities year round during the week for those that live there. The time I have spent in the camper area reminded me of how people hang out together when they are at a campground.
Some of the camper area is located on the gate side of the lake. A lot of people with "campers" have almost converted it into a house structure but I think there are some restrictions.
I know for a fact that boats have to be registered in the property owners name so I would think the same is true for four wheelers, etc.
Schedule a visit and spend the day! I would live up there once my kids are out of highschool but I enjoy peace more than shopping so it would be a good fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary