Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2022, 12:47 PM

61 posts, read 49,859 times

Advertisements

Hello all! For those is the Northeastern part of Wake County especially, what are your thought on all the growth in Rolesville? There are so many beautiful homes there, a Publix coming and so many new businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2022, 04:52 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,281,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWeigh View Post
Hello all! For those is the Northeastern part of Wake County especially, what are your thought on all the growth in Rolesville? There are so many beautiful homes there, a Publix coming and so many new businesses.
Rolesville has been exploding with residential growth for the past 7-8 years. There are a lot of nice communiites up there and you are starting to see commerical development to meet the growing demand. The one thing I keep in mind when driving around up there is that it woudl be a great place to live if I worked from home, but I wouldn't want to be commuting to downtown Raleigh or RTP from there.... but that is just my personal preference.

In general there are a lot of nice places to live up in Wake Fores, Rolesville and parts of neighboring Granville County. But commute is always such an important factor for me when looking at those areas because they will just continue to grow in the decades ahead and the drive can already be a bit challenging depending on where you work.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:35 AM

379 posts, read 517,618 times
I agree. The Wake Forest, Rolesville, Youngsville areas are taking off. However, commutes to downtown Raleigh, Durham and RTP can be a bit difficult from these towns. Serious upgrades are needed on the NC 98 corridor as well as Capital Boulevard.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:31 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,421,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomitillo26 View Post
I agree. The Wake Forest, Rolesville, Youngsville areas are taking off. However, commutes to downtown Raleigh, Durham and RTP can be a bit difficult from these towns. Serious upgrades are needed on the NC 98 corridor as well as Capital Boulevard.
I thought that they're doing that to Capital Blvd?

Old 01-11-2022, 07:39 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,057,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWeigh View Post
We looked in Rolesville quite a bit before we bought in Heritage; specifically Averette Ridge, Cedar Lakes, Granite Falls. I wanted a bigger house (because sq footage is sq footage) and there were places in Cedar Lakes they were selling for a song, given the size of them; ~3800 sq feet and they were asking under 400 at the time.

Build quality seemed to be lower in what we looked at compared to the house we bought in Heritage (Dickerson built), so I don't know if those places were more national/tract builders or what.

Keep in mind this was ~5 years ago.

Last edited by GVoR; 01-11-2022 at 07:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary