Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:38 PM

94 posts, read 433,850 times

Advertisements

Hi, does anyone have input on Pulte Homes @ McCrimmon Park? Most of the things I have read seem positive, but I wanted to make sure with all of you insightful, bright folks on this board!! Schools, traffic, lot size ect........

Thanks as always!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,702,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseymiami View Post
Hi, does anyone have input on Pulte Homes @ McCrimmon Park? Most of the things I have read seem positive, but I wanted to make sure with all of you insightful, bright folks on this board!! Schools, traffic, lot size ect........

Thanks as always!
I don't know anything specific about McCrimmon Park, but we bought a Pulte house in Cary in 2006 and dealing with Pulte can be difficult although overall we were happy with our purchase. McCrimmon Park is assigend to Cedar Fork Elementary, but according to the Cary News Cedar Fork is at capacity so if you have elementary school children and move in after 5/1 they won't let your child go to Cedar Fork (which is a very good school)--at least this year. West Cary and Panther Creek are good schools.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:55 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,778,673 times
I have heard a lot of really negative things (first hand) about Pulte over the years. I would do a lot of research on them.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:04 PM

94 posts, read 433,850 times
Oh boy......... thanks for the info

Old 04-18-2008, 07:12 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,266,646 times
From what I have heard from other clients...based on how the production builders are doing and from a financial standpoint, Pulte is on top. Go figure.

I think it really has to do with the construction manager and how on top of things he is.

Best advice...ask the neighbors in the particular subdivision you are considering! More good advice...get a really great buyer's agent who knows how to deal with new construction!

Vicki

Old 04-18-2008, 07:20 AM

90 posts, read 305,149 times
Happy with the layout and overall quality of our Pulte home in Wakefield/Cedar Grove, but Sales team wasn't so swift and didn't have great customer service (yelling, raising lot premiums day to day, etc). Our planned warranty work was several months delayed throughout and turnover was high. No help from management. But we love our home itself!!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:45 AM

61 posts, read 165,819 times
if you do get a buyers agent though, you have to bring them before you sign any dotted lines, or else you waive your right to having a buyers agent

Old 04-18-2008, 09:22 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,702,646 times
I have commented on my experience with Pulte in a couple of other threads on this forum, but I'll summarize it here. We bought an inventory house from Pulte in 2006 in what was at the time the Pulte's most expensive neighborhod (I'm only saying this because I imagine people get treated worse in the less expensive neighborhoods). I don't have much nice to say about the sales team Moderator cut: removed We had an inexperienced realtor which was our fault and a huge regret on our part. Moderator cut: removed We closed with tons of things that had to be finished after closing which was not a whole lot of fun with small children. Everything eventually got done although in one year Moderator cut: removed I'm still not sure I would do it again. We love the house and the neighborhood, but dealing with Pulte was frustrating. One other thing I would add is that in our neighborhood Pulte allowed about two-thirds of the houses to be the same floor plan which is ridiculous.

Last edited by autumngal; 04-18-2008 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: use dm please

Old 04-18-2008, 10:53 AM

49 posts, read 162,839 times
we recently closed our house with pulte in Harmony. we did inspect our house with private home inspector. Right now everything was good expect few minor things( which could be easily fixed). No major complaints. but we are not very happy with pulte mortgage. If you get a good deal , you may have to go with their mortgage. but anytime you could refinance. Buy have a strong heart to face everything.Moderator cut: removed we are happy with the construction and our sales person.

Last edited by autumngal; 04-18-2008 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: use dm please, ty

Old 04-18-2008, 11:03 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,778,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Best advice...ask the neighbors in the particular subdivision you are considering!
This is very good advice, especially if the neighborhood is not too new. Otherwise you need to find out what the long-term quality was like at a previous neighborhood the Builder was involved with. A lot of problems might not pop up till later. For instance, because of the recent drought, problems that would only show up in a wetter-than-normal season would not be evident in newer homes.

If the neighborhood is fairly new and people already have problems, RUN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary