Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:41 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
I live in Bowling Green- we have a pool. We are adjacent to willow deer and saddle run which don't have pools. Many residents join granite falls or the Y. I agree with the pp's who recommend a buyers agent- also you need to drive around a lot to get a
Feel for a place.
It's true that many nice subdivisions are adjacent to less desirable development but I think that it is just because the developers get good deals on that
land.
Are they still building in there? What is the old car graveyard across the street on other side of main drag? Do you know? is it a dump, or just construction stuff? I'm guessing that "less desireable" is Cimmarone. People keep mentioning that. Truthfully, I liked the look of all the trees, and didn't really care that the homes were old and small. Maybe that is just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,866,560 times
@ lewlew- yes there is still construction here in BG. There are good buys to be had, for sure.

And, by less desirable, I did not mean to single out any one subdivision- I was thinking of the junkyard on Chalks Road that is across the road from BG, directly across from Saddle Run, and close to Heritage as well.
It is a junkyard for cars that has been there for ages. It is in the county, not the Town of Wake Forest so there are no violations of the more-stringent town code!

Last edited by NYer; 12-12-2011 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: typos galore

Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,205,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
I know this is an old post, but is cimmaron bad? I like Reynolds Mill and Pemberly, as they are closer to Raliegh, good price point, and The Factory. Is it just because Cimmaron is older and smaller homes?
I believe he's referring to the traffic situation there more than anything else.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:25 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,583,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
@ lewlew- yes there is still construction here in BG. There are good buys to be had, for sure.

And, by less desirable, I did not mean to single out any one subdivision- I was thinking of the junkyard on Chalks Road that is across the road from BG, directly across from Saddle Run, and close to Heritage as well.
It is a junkyard for cars that has been there for ages. It is in the county, not the Town of Wake Forest so there are no violations of the more-stringent town code!

:-)

Old 12-12-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieF View Post
:-)
Hmmm, I can only wonder what that smily means. LOL
Ok, so its a car graveyard. Can you see it from the neighborhood? I wonder if they'll get rid of it someday. I'll check out the deals, and build time. Unfortunately, we don't have a ton of time. I did see one that would fit the bill in there, but the basement isn't finished, and I'm sure we are looking at 30K to do it. We have my elderly mom, and we need a space for her...not a room, but a real space. She's not so elderly that she can just be in our home all the time. Pemberly works, I've got my hesitations on RM, and I like Heritage, but not sure they'll have what we need in our range. Found a house in Cary, but lots unpermitted, and trying to sell nearly 70K over tax value which I think is insane, and am not ready to overpay in this market. Been tough, but we'll find something. Thanks!

Old 12-12-2011, 03:22 PM

441 posts, read 1,297,494 times
You really can not see the junk cars from BG, you may want to look at Northampton up the road from BG, standard pacific homes is in there and doing pretty well, average price point about 250. They purchased this subdivision from St.lawerance homes a few years back, not a ton of basement homes there, hoa is pretty relaxed and there is a pool.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:42 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,392,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
I know this is an old post, but is cimmaron bad? I like Reynolds Mill and Pemberly, as they are closer to Raliegh, good price point, and The Factory. Is it just because Cimmaron is older and smaller homes?
Cimarron is VERY desirable. I recently had a client who used to live there and wanted to move back. Every time we found a home that was in great condition, it sold in a matter of days. This was 3 months ago.

Last month, I had another client who made an offer on a home in Cimarron and there was already one offer on it. It sold in 5 days.

Both homes were small and under $150,000.

I'll agree with the poster that said even if you are buying new construction, you need a buyer's agent. The onsite agent works for the builder and no matter how nice they are to you, they don't have your best interests.

You do not pay for a buyer's agent. The listing agent or seller or builder will pay the fee.

Vicki

Old 12-12-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Cimarron is VERY desirable. I recently had a client who used to live there and wanted to move back. Every time we found a home that was in great condition, it sold in a matter of days. This was 3 months ago.

Last month, I had another client who made an offer on a home in Cimarron and there was already one offer on it. It sold in 5 days.

Both homes were small and under $150,000.

I'll agree with the poster that said even if you are buying new construction, you need a buyer's agent. The onsite agent works for the builder and no matter how nice they are to you, they don't have your best interests.

You do not pay for a buyer's agent. The listing agent or seller or builder will pay the fee.

Vicki
Hi Vicki,
Glad to hear that about Cimmarone. I'm confused when people mention traffic. Granted, we were there over Thanksgiving weekend, but saw none. Where do they cut through? I thought Forbes Rd ended in the subdivision, and I didn't see a way out of Pemberly either. Are they referring to Main, or a cut through from Cimarrone? Everyone seems to think it could get worse, but I'm lost as to where it comes from or goes. We really like a home in Pemberly. i guess we'd have to join the Heritage pool. I'm told the YMCA only has indoor pools around there. Are there other homes in the area? I really liked Bowling Green, and Northampton, but no basement homes for sale (one in BG, but not sure how much it would cost to finish that basement), and we don't really have the time to build. We do have a buyer's agent already, and we were focusing on Cary. She lives in North Raleigh, and isnt' all that familar with Wake forest, or lots of Cary neighborhoods...but she has been great, and is working VERY hard.... I wouldn't go to a builder without one. I do know builders negotiate, but very rarely with the average Joe off the street.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:37 PM

441 posts, read 1,297,494 times
The Y in Wakefield has indoor and outdoor pools, the Y at th factory has none. Traffic on that part of 1a is very busy in the am and pm, making a left will be challenging at time's. There was a proposal a few years back to run a cement curb down the middle to prevent left turns, not sure but I think this was scrapped for now.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:10 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,866,560 times
Correct- you don't see the cars from BG but you can see them from saddle run.
Btw the smiley is because Debbie was our fabulous buyers agent!

Your comments reminded me of a neighbor who bought a home with a finished basement for her parents. Within a year thefad had a hip replacement and could no longer manage the stairs! They stay in the converted dining room! The apartment in the basement goes unused.
St Lawrence used to build a big home with a bedroom suite right inside the entrance of the home on the first floor. So there would be a bed and bath, plus living and dining room, kitchen laundry and half bath on the first floor, family bedrooms bath and bonus upstairs. We have many of themhere in bowling green and down the block in Northampton too, if you are open to a resale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary