Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,025,462 times

Advertisements

Been looking very seriously at Brightleaf and took some photos I thought I'd share - NRG's are great but a lot of building has been completed since then!

Enjoy!

Entry to Brightleaf from 70

Entry road - maybe 3/4 mile in length

Brightleaf Club Construction - I was told they are targeting Memorial Day 08 for opening but they concede that is aggressive - Still, I'd expected 09 or something

More BL Club construction

Main Entry Circle

Road from Main Circle to Standard Pacific section

One of the Standard Pacific Models

Standard Pacific Neighborhood - Brightleaf Bluffs

More Brightleaf Bluffs

The future Northern Durham Parkway - splitting Bluffs from Crossings (Also SP)

Looking..uh..away from 70 so I guess East. They've done quite a bit of work on this since I last saw (a few mos.)

Looking West

A Standard Pacific basement home - can't really tell but the woods behind are probably 1000 feet away and 20-30 feet below the level of this home - very nice view (but they are building something big back there in those woods and I can't tell what it is)

Crossings (SP) is the section of the smallest homes in Brightleaf

St. Lawrence Model

Drees Model 1 ~2600 square feet

Drees Model 2 ~3000 square feet

One of the St. Lawrence homes that backs up to the lake (barely seen here)

Drees and St. Lawrence section (I don't know the name of the sub-neighborhood)

Drees inventory home for sale - I think this is about 379k and 3000 sq feet

A Drees/St Lawrence Cul de Sac

More Drees/St. Lawrence

Brightleaf Crest - these are available lots and they've just built a few new Drees/StLaw. Homes on this street

Shea Model - ~3200 square feet

A Shea home (Brightleaf Ridge)

St. Lawrence homes in Brightleaf Ridge

More St.L

And another St.L Ridge section

Looking down on a Shea section of Ridge

St.Lawrence inventory home (Somewhere in the 400-450k neighborhood I think)

StL/Shea homes that back up to the access road

Access road to allow the homes on the main street (Golden Belt Parkway) have rear-driveways and side entrance garages

Shea circle and homes in the Ridge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 09:14 AM
htj

13 posts, read 49,158 times
great pics, sneezecake! although i think you mean "2008" :-)

A friend of mine lives out there and i really like the development. Plenty of trees, set far back from 70, nice houses. If people can get past their durham-phobia, it seems like a great place to live.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:19 AM

20 posts, read 71,031 times
thanks for the pics. a lot of construction going on right now out there. should look really nice when they get some of those larger things like the club and the northern durham parkway complete.

also, the construction that you referenced of something very large in the woods set back behind that basement home in the crossings is an elementary school that they are targetting to have complete for the upcoming school year i believe.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:22 AM

150 posts, read 507,247 times
Default Thank you!

Sneezecake- thank you for the wonderful pictures! You captured a great cross-section of the homes in Brightleaf.

I may be wrong, but I am thinking that the Crossings section doesn't have the smallest homes in the development-we just purchased one of the homes that you got a pic of, and it is 2875 square feet. We looked at several by Drees that were smaller...I do however know that one of the next phases of SPH homes will be larger than the one we just signed contract on

Thanks again!

Last edited by christinabean; 01-29-2008 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 01-29-2008, 09:24 AM

Shigdon- the agent at SPH told us that the school will be a junior high school...they think that it will even be done in time for school in the fall-pretty ambitious?!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:29 AM

271 posts, read 701,305 times
Love the Front Porches

Old 01-29-2008, 09:32 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,025,462 times
OOPS - 2008 is right - Mods can you please change!?

Christinabean - I will reply to your DM, but you are right, I know the home you are talking about and it is BEAUTIFUL! We walked around back when it was for sale. The Crossings has that strip along the wetlands that are very nice/upscale - I should say the Crossings is home to the smaller SP homes, but is not exclusively comprised of those. I think that's where one of their 2000 sq. foot models was, though.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 AM

799 posts, read 3,229,024 times
Wonderful pictures. Thanks SO MUCH! for sharing. Pictures are always a big help.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 AM

Sneezecake- I think that you are right about the smaller homes-as a general rule-they are located in the Crossings section of Brightleaf! I think most likely that is because SPH generally has built smaller homes in Brightleaf, and that section is only SPH.

I am really hoping that as the agent at SPH mentioned, larger homes will will shortly be built in that section, which will only help increase the value of everyones property

Old 01-29-2008, 12:55 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,693,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
OOPS - 2008 is right - Mods can you please change!?
<snip>
Done . And don't forget to put a link to these in the photo thread .
Thanks for taking them, good stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary