Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 AM

5 posts, read 12,650 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm looking to buy a single-family house between $150-225k in apex in about 6 months and was wondering if anyone has heard of any new developments going up in Apex.

I would love the location where Walden Creek is, just across the bridge from Beaver Creek, but haven't seen anything going up over there besides townhomes.

Right now I'm leaning towards getting a house in Scott's Mill if one is available in that price range 6 months from now, but I figure with Apex growing so fast especially around beaver creek, there has to be some new sub-divisions going up.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,466 times
I think that land in Apex has gotten to the point pricewise where the days of single family new construction in that price range are over. You would need to be further out (Fuquay, Maybe Holly Springs, Angier, Johnston County) to find what you are describing.
A resale in Scott's Mill is a great idea. That neighborhood tends to sell fast, though-the inventories are always changing.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:35 AM

131 posts, read 726,082 times
Take a look at Creekside Commons off of Kelly Rd. The houses are brand new and fall between $219k and $235k. The subdivision is brand new and the spring phase is about to start building. There is one finished home left for sale listed in MLS as well as three others that will be finished in a month or so.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:07 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,590,017 times
Take your pic....a new house, or a house that pricerange in Apex. There are still a few houses in Apex in that pricerange (though none in Walden Creek), but nothing brand new. You are about 7 years too late for that. Any new construction in that pricerange, if at all, will be out in Fuquay. If you'd rather be in Apex (which would be my suggestion, and just sucking it up and buying a resale house) You can still find homes in that pricerange in the Knollwood, Shepards Vineyard, Carriage Downs, Hollands Crossing, and Scotts Mills subdivisions. Knollwood and Shepards Vineyard are both mostly houses from the 70's and 80's, while the rest are most from the late 90's/2000.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:09 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,388 times
I like Creekside Commons and the location alot. Right now 4 listed on the MLS for $219-$225k. You have to not mind the tiny tiny lot size's around .09 It's almost like living in a townhome, which I personally don't mind. Now Scotts Mill is another favorite of mine in Apex, but you will have to spend more in there. It is a nice pool community.It is just Southwest of the center of Apex ( Cute Downtown ). Now if your looking at that price point you may need to go to Holly Springs on 55, left on Technology and about a mile or so on the left is Bridgewater, and the homes are around 200k, another pool community and an energy star Anderson home. Lot sizes arn't all that big there either but around .15 or so.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:20 PM

131 posts, read 726,082 times
Debbie,

Can you give me some insight on why you like Creekside Commons? The houses seem very nice for the price and the builder seems to have put some nice touches on them. I agree the yards are tiny, but at least there is no yard maintenance since HOA covers that. Do you know the reputation of the builder? Is the location really good? Thanks! Was wondering if you have some inside info.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:38 AM

5 posts, read 12,650 times
Seems like a resale in Apex is my best option at this point. Creekside Commons looks nice, but I have a big dog and want a real yard so that wouldn't really work for me. Don't want to move as far out as holly springs and fuquay.

I'll keep my eye on the neighborhoods along olive chapel, scotts mill, dogwood ridge, carriage downs, etc, and see what I can get when I'm ready to move. Thanks for the info everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary