Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:09 PM

2 posts, read 8,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
I don't know much about it from my personal experience but I had clients who joined and absolutely loved it. I've driven a few buyers buy and it looks amazing.

Looks can be deceiving rates fluctuate depending on when you sign up and they do not treat their clientele well once they get your money check out their national BBB ratings for more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 01:20 PM

621 posts, read 2,217,901 times
I'm a member at Lifetime in Cary. While I love working out there (bc of the cleanliness and large open workout floor), it's a little out of the way for me (approx. 12 miles). We've been members for a while now and don't frequent the club like we use to--mainly due to the inconvenience in distance. Since we're both in our late 20's with no children, it doesn't offer that much as a gym. I can certainly see the advantages if you had kids though.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,072 times
My family of 4 with teen age boys have been members for the last year and half. We love the gym and everything it has to offer. Any gym is what you make of it. If you "use" Life Time and all the it offers it more than pays for it self. No gym is perfect but this is close as it gets.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:05 PM

27 posts, read 117,934 times
I agree with douknownam ... it's probably better if you plan to go there with kids. For a married couple with no children, it didn't seem worthwhile.

When I went to tour the gym, the staff acted like it was a big inconvenience. The facilities seemed very nice, but it wasn't really the atmosphere I was looking for. I like kids, but none of the other gyms I've been to had unsupervised kids running everywhere. Sorry if that comes across wrong, I'm not a child-hater.

The high price tag just wasn't justified to me.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:22 PM

546 posts, read 1,678,274 times
We joined up shortly after moving down here last year, none of us gym freaks either. We mainly joined for the indoor pools, and while a touch pricier than YMCA, it had a lot more to offer. it is definitely a worthwhile investment. I enjoy the fact I can take my kids there for free swim any time of the year, get 2 hours of free daycare per day as part of the membership, and it's open 24/7 so I can go even late at night if I choose.

Beyond the pools and excersize equipment, it also offers free classes, rock wall climbing, raquet ball and squash, basketball courts, saunas, steam rooms, and hot tubs for relaxing in after. They have a spa and cafe as well but we dont use those.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
The company gets me very angry constantly putting sales flyers under my windshield wiper when I park near BJ's club where they are located.

I had it out with one of their loser employees since they create litter and could damage your wiper arm.

I'll stick with my landlord's free 24 hour gym. If I change, it will be to Access 24 next to Tuesday Morning with great fees, no commitment, and no pressure to buy extra services. My need is the cardio and circuit, and no help is required from the fitness center.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM

546 posts, read 1,678,274 times
Saturn are you sure that's lifetime or lifestyle? I know the names are similiar, but lifetime is in Cary by the junction of tryon/ rt 64/rt1. The only BJs I know of is on Walnut St. There is a lifestyle fitness on Walnut St too

Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 AM

103 posts, read 414,258 times
i know there's a lifeSTYLE by bj's in raleigh...

Old 01-14-2009, 11:29 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie313 View Post
i know there's a lifeSTYLE by bj's in raleigh...
You're right. It's Lifestyle.

Names so similar one should file against the other for causing confusion.

Thanks for the correction.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:01 PM

171 posts, read 451,809 times
We are members at Lifetime too. Works out great for us. The location is convenient for us. We like using the pool during the school year when our neighborhood pool is closed. Both our kids are under 10 years old and can stay at the day care facility there for up to two hours per day while we are working out or taking a fitness class. It's been great for me since I've needed to get back in shape and helps me feel better about turning 40. It's been really great for my wife since she can get some alone time and a break from the kids during the day. We are very happy with Lifetime Fitness and, at least for us, find it to be worth the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary