Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 12:53 PM

50 posts, read 197,853 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me anything they may know about willow spring? I'm assuming it is a very small town. I'm unable to find any information regarding population, crime, restaurants, etc. I saw some great home prices out there, but I'm assuming it's one of those towns that probably consists of houses, a city hall, and a hardee's and that's it. Hope I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2006, 01:50 PM

271 posts, read 1,213,152 times
Yep really small in between Clayton (Johnston County) and Fuquay Varina (Wake County) on highway 42. Really just a community. Maybe 1500 people live there. One of my co-workers live there and loves it. Really laid back and displaced from the business. Would have to drive to Fuquay for Some shopping and probably Garner or Cary for Major Shopping i.e. Target, Best Buy, Department Stores. I could'nt find any real concrete stats either

Old 11-07-2006, 02:17 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
It's not even an incorporated town. Just a dot (crossroads) on the road map, really. I don't even think they even have a separate zip code.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:07 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,096 times
The wake co. willow spring is in Fuquay Varina only. It is right off of hwy 401 and hwy 42 between hilltop rd, and the hwy 42/55 split at five points.

The willow spring here in Fuquay Varina is a good 20 minutes from the one in Johnston Co....around Cleveland

Roads in Fuquay/Willow spring are:

Hwy 42
Dwight Rowland
Willow springs st.
Hilltop rd.
Panther lake rd
Walter Myatt rd
Harrison pl
Deer brook st

Just to name a few. There are new subdivisions being built in the area. It will take you about 3 minutes to get to downtown Fuquay from Willow spring, and about 1 or 2 to get to the city limits.

Copy and paste the link in your address box for willow spring map, leave out the "url" parts

http://maps.citysearch.com/location?city=fuquay-varina&state=nc (broken link)

Old 11-27-2006, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 18,540 times
Default Willow Spring is small

Hi there, saw your question. I live in WS and no there is not even a Hardee's! The town is basically just a post office, school, town hall and a lot of houses. There are a lot of homes out here being built and a lot of existing homes also. The town is between Fuquay Varina, Angier and Clayton NC and is in Wake, Harnett and Johnston counties. If you are looking for statistics on the area, I would recommend searching one of the neighboring small but larger towns since WS is just so small. You can blink and miss it, but it is quiet, it's very close to Raleigh, Cary, etc, and it's a nice place to live. Hope that helps!

Old 11-27-2006, 08:37 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessawho View Post
Hi there, saw your question. I live in WS and no there is not even a Hardee's! The town is basically just a post office, school, town hall and a lot of houses. There are a lot of homes out here being built and a lot of existing homes also. The town is between Fuquay Varina, Angier and Clayton NC and is in Wake, Harnett and Johnston counties. If you are looking for statistics on the area, I would recommend searching one of the neighboring small but larger towns since WS is just so small. You can blink and miss it, but it is quiet, it's very close to Raleigh, Cary, etc, and it's a nice place to live. Hope that helps!
No it is not! That is a different willow springs all together. The willow spring in Wake county is on the map. It is right beside Fuquay, they border each other. Just mapquest it. The willow spring in Johnston co is off of hwy 50. Mount pleasant rd, old fairground rd area. That is a good ways from the willow spring in Fuquay.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:40 PM

425 posts, read 1,256,747 times
We just bought a house in Willow Spring in Wake country. Closing on April 13th.
Very excited as we love the whole area!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:47 PM

137 posts, read 606,987 times
I've heard that it is Willow SPRING (singular - not "Springs") in Wake County - ZIP code 27592 - and the Johnston County community is Willow SPRINGS (pluralized with an "s"). Not sure if this is fact or not (although I can confirm the Wake County version).

Old 02-28-2007, 08:11 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
^According to the USGS maps on topozone.com, both are Willow Springs, with an S.
The one in Wake county at 35.596 degrees N, 78.732 degrees W.
The one in Johnston County is at 35.552 degrees N, 78.528 degrees W.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:39 PM

36 posts, read 214,333 times
Ahhh... but if you look up the zip codes, USPS doesn't even recognize the plural name, lol. I looked up "Willow Spring, NC" and got 27592. I looked up "Willow Springs, NC" and got this:

ZIP Codeā„¢ Matches in WILLOW SPRINGS, NC
27592 (WILLOW SPRINGS, NC IS NOT ACCEPTABLE - USE WILLOW SPRING)

Who had the bright idea to name the towns almost the same name anyways, lol? We just moved to Willow Spring (in Wake) a couple of months ago and we see signs for Willow Spring"s" everywhere! Even the elementary school is Willow Springs Elementary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary