Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 04:29 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,222 times

Advertisements

With all the Republicans gone from Wake Commissioners. Now what? Will anything change? Can we look forward to better Transit options and improved schools? I do think the younger members will bring some good fresh ideas. That are long over due. I am concerned about a possible over reach. With no Republican opposition.

RALEIGH: New Wake commissioners ready to join county in motion | Local Politics | NewsObserver.com

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/12/...=/99/100/&rh=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 04:56 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
there's a politics forum.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:27 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
With all the Republicans gone from Wake Commissioners. Now what? Will anything change? Can we look forward to better Transit options and improved schools? I do think the younger members will bring some good fresh ideas. That are long over due. I am concerned about a possible over reach. With no Republican opposition.

RALEIGH: New Wake commissioners ready to join county in motion | Local Politics | NewsObserver.com

RALEIGH: Four new Democrats join Wake Board of Commissioners | Wake County | NewsObserver.com
Like all the major issues explored here on the Raleigh thread (best pizza, where to buy fish, will the Hurricanes win?) obviously a blue-ribbon committee should be formed.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:30 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
We can talk about the Wake County Board of Commissioners, but if this turns into a "Libruls" vs. "Republi-whatevers" then I'm closing this thread.

Carry on.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:52 PM

9,360 posts, read 14,099,574 times
The board of education should not have a political agenda. Theoretically the issue should be moot. I personally feel that it is the quality of the individuals involved that is most important, as well as their willingness to adopt and work toward a common goal. So, as long as no one wants to become a prima donna, business should get done.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:51 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,236,855 times
I am hopeful that the new board will be more sensitive to issues caused by our rapid growth. In particular I hope they will work in a more constructive manner with the school board. I am also happy to see some younger faces on the board.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:20 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
I am hopeful that the new board will be more sensitive to issues caused by our rapid growth. In particular I hope they will work in a more constructive manner with the school board. I am also happy to see some younger faces on the board.
I am also hopeful the younger members bring fresh ideas. I also hope they can work with the school board. To improve Wake Schools. Maybe even a raise for teachers.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:30 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
Agreed. Our biggest issues here in Wake around around growth and how to manage the county in light of this growth.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:06 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
The board of education should not have a political agenda.
This is about the Board of Commissioners, not the Board of Education.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:10 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
I am also hopeful the younger members bring fresh ideas. I also hope they can work with the school board. To improve Wake Schools. Maybe even a raise for teachers.
the teachers received a raise - also known as the supplement I think - from the County Commissioners last year. This is in addition to whatever raise they did, or did not, get from the State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary