Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:34 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times

Advertisements

The entire news time has been spent about the UNC game ???
Then more to come during sports time??

Didn't anything happen in the triangle today ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,352,399 times
Sadly, Duke lost

Old 02-20-2014, 09:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Sadly, haha Duke stop playing the last 48 seconds of official game time.. CAROLINA 8th straight WIN!!! And Denny Hamilin 3rd straight win tonight of first 3 races !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6DHSqhJcCA

Im watching on WFMY the news was delayed but I was wanting just forecast so News 14 fixed that.

If anyone still up or waking up, move cars away from trees .We are in for a morning doozie hopefully no tornadoes or straight line winds.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:53 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
I'm listening to the helicopters flying overhead and the crowd noises from my back deck.

Yep, UNC v Duke, pretty much the most important event in NC.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:44 PM

379 posts, read 517,424 times
Great comeback win by the Tar Heels! How many spots does Duke fall in the rankings now?

Old 02-20-2014, 11:54 PM

637 posts, read 1,057,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
The entire news time has been spent about the UNC game ???
Then more to come during sports time??

Didn't anything happen in the triangle today ???
What you're witnessing is a disproportionate focus on spectator sports (college in this case...LOL) in the area, but don't worry, it doesn't take long to find ways to capitalize on group psychology and make one of the biggest wastes of time in human history work for you. Once you learn the tricks, just don't talk much about what you know, otherwise you'll get weird looks in this area -- as long as those don't bother you, trust me on this, it will work greatly to your advantage

Old 02-21-2014, 12:09 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcstef View Post
What you're witnessing is a disproportionate focus on spectator sports (college in this case...LOL) in the area, but don't worry, it doesn't take long to find ways to capitalize on group psychology and make one of the biggest wastes of time in human history work for you. Once you learn the tricks, just don't talk much about what you know, otherwise you'll get weird looks in this area -- as long as those don't bother you, trust me on this, it will work greatly to your advantage
Ha..I am not anti B Ball, but if I wanted to watch the game I would have !!!!

Old 02-21-2014, 12:26 AM

637 posts, read 1,057,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Ha..I am not anti B Ball, but if I wanted to watch the game I would have !!!!
Oh I'm not anti sports either, I just prefer to play them rather than watch, so I don't understand the fascination with team colors, needing to talk about the game last night in each breath, etc. Everyone has their own hobbies though. Some people like to watch birds in the trees or sit and count water drops as they drip from the faucet. I just said disproportionate because in this area there is added hype that makes it seem more important to many than I've seen in other areas. Juggling snakes to worship god or some higher being is important to some too. I don't judge their hobbies I just find ways to make it all work in my favor

Old 02-21-2014, 03:47 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,237,860 times
Get used to it. Duke-Carolina in baskeball is very popular in the Triangle. Even ESPN promoted the game for national TV as the biggest rivialary in college basketball anywhere! Disclaimer, I am not a supporter of either school.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:35 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,571,881 times
Seriously, it's not like the Triangle is a hotbed of newsworthy events and so when any one thing occurs that generates interest the local media is off to the races. I couldn't believe the amount of coverage last weeks storm received down here. Duke vs. UNC is a huge local event and kind of hits the national radar as well; I can think of worse things to have shoved down our throats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary