Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 11:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
This is not that close to the Brier Creek Earth Fare. This is pretty much exactly the same distance from the Earth Fare at Brier Creek, and the Whole Foods on Wade Avenue and at Waverly Place. This will be about a 15 minute drive from each. 30 minutes round trip in the car, to me, is rather too much time to spend driving to go to a grocery store, even a fancy one. Plus, this is a part of town that is affluent and still growing.

I hope it doesn't affect Fresh Market too much though. That is less than a mile from me and I love having it there.

Earth Fare is closer in concept to Whole Foods: a large organic/health-focused full service grocer, while Fresh Market focuses on bakery, produce, meat, fish, cheese, coffee, flowers, etc.. but has a limited selection of other groceries. So I hope they don't step on each others' toes too bad.

Nonetheless this is a great location for Earth Fare. When I need something not found at Fresh Market, I expect to go there instead of Whole Foods.

I don't see Earth Fare impacting Fresh Market too much. And it's far enough from WF not to affect it. I hate driving over to WF, so the Earth Fare will be really nice there in Park West.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:27 PM

436 posts, read 670,955 times
Actually it closed and TJ's then got the spot. The CH location was like an organic 7-11. The footprint was too small to have the usual EF selection and was doomed from the start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 03:39 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times
I actually prefer the Earth Fare at Brier Creek to the Fresh Market in Cary...Whole Foods still takes top honors though.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
I actually prefer the Earth Fare at Brier Creek to the Fresh Market in Cary...Whole Foods still takes top honors though.

I hate Whole Foods. I mean, the shopping experience at the one in Cary.

I always liked the one on Wade Ave. Even before, when it wasn't a Whole Foods.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:43 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,237,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post

I totally agree with you. The WF is Cary is awful...so small and cramped. It's a shadow of a real WF store.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:58 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times
I hope this new Earth Fare does a better job at taking expired products off the shelves than the Brier Creek store does. I've pretty much stopped shopping there, especially since I changed my route home to go right by the Whole Foods on Six Forks.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 AM

826 posts, read 1,932,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
I totally agree with you. The WF is Cary is awful...so small and cramped. It's a shadow of a real WF store.
That's what we say about the Wade Ave one compared to the new Waverly Place one! Weren't they (Cary and Wade Ave) both Wellspring Markets before?

Old 01-22-2014, 08:11 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,772,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post

I liked it better back then, to tell the truth.

Surprised Whole Foods hasn't gone in somewhere in the western part of Cary or Morrisville area. Getting across Cary to that one is terrible from here, the one on Wade is actually more convenient. And it isn't convenient, so there's that.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:32 AM

70 posts, read 129,708 times
This Earthfare location is still no where near convenient to me as I'm in Northeast Raleigh. It takes me 20-25 minutes to get to the Brier Creek location using 540 and this one in Morrisville would be just about the same.

I wish they would replace some of these run-down Food Lions with a WF, Earthfare, Trader Joes or Fresh Market. Or a Harris Teeter or Kroger.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskb View Post
That's what we say about the Wade Ave one compared to the new Waverly Place one! Weren't they (Cary and Wade Ave) both Wellspring Markets before?
I know Wade was a Wellspring. Not sure about Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary