Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2013, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 4,899 times

Advertisements

I posted the thread earlier and there were a lot of views, but not many replies. I want to assure you that we are looking for very good players, but very good families also to join us. We do have a lot of fun, but we also want to prepare the boys for the next level if they choose to go there. Most of the coaches have college baseball experience, but all have played. We have our own field and also an indoor facility that we are working on. We want have a team of 10 maybe 11 for the the upcoming season. Those numbers insures everyone plays and that is why very good players and families are necessary. I will gladly give you my email after you reply.
Thank you and we did win several tournaments this past season from a Cal Ripken to Top Gun to Usssa, in case you were wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 05:11 AM

11,251 posts, read 8,401,892 times
I think the reason nobody is replying is that unless joining the team is free, (which it doesn't seem) it is generally viewed as spam, and is really against the Terms of Service. People here generally come to discuss things, and don't like to get sold to. Commercial posts should go to Craigslist, or buy an ad if you want to.

Probably won't get much "play" here. (Surprised it has not been deleted yet. Hopefully our moderators are enjoying a nice holiday weekend with their families.)

Old 12-01-2013, 02:11 PM

6,861 posts, read 9,152,469 times
Might help to explain to people what 11u is so they can spread the word even if they are not interested.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:31 PM

3 posts, read 4,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I think the reason nobody is replying is that unless joining the team is free, (which it doesn't seem) it is generally viewed as spam, and is really against the Terms of Service. People here generally come to discuss things, and don't like to get sold to. Commercial posts should go to Craigslist, or buy an ad if you want to.

Probably won't get much "play" here. (Surprised it has not been deleted yet. Hopefully our moderators are enjoying a nice holiday weekend with their families.)
Trying out for a travel team is 100 percent free. Just trying to give a kid an opportunity that he does not know about. Sorry

Old 12-01-2013, 04:46 PM

22,771 posts, read 37,139,973 times
No offense, but if you were that good of a league in this area, people would know about it. We are past that age but we'd have been aware at that age. There are certainly better ways to get the message to the appropriate parties. Is this a new league?

And yes, your post is against the TOS so expect it to get removed soon.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:49 PM

116 posts, read 256,012 times
I have a few suggestions regarding your original post. Tryouts will be free but playing will not be. Elaborate a little more on who you are. I'm would guess you aren't West Raleigh or EvoShield or an organization people would be familiar with. There have been previous posts regarding travel baseball and when people have responded or emailed for more information have been told, that's ok we already found our players. So I would suggest stating clearly who you are, new or existing team looking to fill a spot, also clarify the age for 11U based on when your season begins because specific dates of birth matter for age eligibility. You also might want to post on This Board Rocks baseball because they have a specific section for Showcase baseball, etc.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:20 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,666,801 times
Have you tried nctravelbaseball.com?

NC Travel Ball

Old 12-02-2013, 07:50 AM

3,675 posts, read 6,614,036 times
How's about including the actual sport in the thread title? I thought this was going to be about soccer, not baseball.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:42 PM

3 posts, read 4,505 times
Would you still be looking for any summer fill ins for your 11u team? We are moving to Cary and my son in anxious to find a team that may need help for the summer. He currently plays 11u select ball in Texas.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,379 times
My sons 11U travel baseball team is looking for guest players for the fall. Let me know if you want some additional information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary