Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 05:25 PM

5 posts, read 13,528 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary area. We are really looking for some direction. We need to rent a house in an area that has a good school district. We expect to be in the area on 11/21. We really could use some idea of where to start looking, THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 05:31 PM

168 posts, read 1,212,680 times
Where is your job? That will play a big part in the best areas for you.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:34 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,676,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman1333 View Post
My family and I are moving to the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary area. We are really looking for some direction. We need to rent a house in an area that has a good school district. We expect to be in the area on 11/21. We really could use some idea of where to start looking, THANK YOU
Where are your jobs? There are many places that could work for you...but it's best to live where you will have a good commute to work.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:43 PM

I work for the post office and can probably transfer to any area I want

Old 11-11-2007, 05:44 PM

I work for the post office and can probably transfer any area I want

Old 11-11-2007, 05:51 PM

6 posts, read 18,792 times
Exclamation Are you looking to buy or rent?

I have a almost 2000 sq.ft. doublewide about an hour from the Triangle. I would be willing to work out some kind of deal with you. (Lease/purchase option)

Old 11-11-2007, 08:45 PM

27 posts, read 76,353 times
Look in Clayton/Johnston County. No school reassignment nightmares and one kid going to a year round school while the other goes to a traditional calendar year school. I think there is a website claytonresidentialrentals.com...Google it, it should come up for you.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:46 PM

5 posts, read 15,447 times
Clayton is one of the best places as far as education. You are bound to find some very very good rental rates since it is still a small town but is close to everything.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:20 AM

31 posts, read 236,510 times
Without knowing what price range you are looking for in housing, it is kind of hard to direct you. Housing can range quite widely. Can you give any indication as to what you would ideally like to have for housing? For instance, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, two car garage, fenced in yard, friendly neighborhood with community parks nearby (within walking distance), allow pets, smoke-free, etc.

If the above sounds good to you for $1200/month in the North Durham area, let me know. As I know of a couple of homes that might fit that description.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:02 AM

531 posts, read 1,984,336 times
Student Affairs | Community Housing | Find Housing

If you just want to get an idea of rental prices in the Durham area, try the above link. The site is for Duke peeps, but you can use it as a "none of the above" (you'll see when you click on it).

Reputedly, one of the best school districts in Durham is located in parts of the 27707 zip code. Note that I said "parts"--some areas are not. You are looking for a house in the Jordan HS district. Other folks like Northern High or Riverside districts. The common wisdom says to avoid Hillside and Southern. Then there are those from Orange and Wake counties who say that ALL Durham schools are just dreadful. I don't envy you your task one bit!

DPS District Site - Student Assignment Maps (http://www.dpsnc.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=1119 - broken link)

This link will help you determine which school would apply to any rental you might be considering in Durham County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary