Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:17 AM

709 posts, read 935,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I was in VA last week and gas there was like $2.50!!!
Its not anymore. Gasoline will be running up now thru the holidays nationwide. Here in the Triangle it will be higher than VA by almost 15 cents a gallon Taxes. Like I said in another thread, sell the poor mileage vehicle. Get your car payments down. Better yet have no car payments. 96 dollar a barrel crude equals well over 5 dollar a gallon gasoline. If the government puts price controls on the stuff then there will be gas shortages and gas lines, no fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 07:16 AM

578 posts, read 3,081,729 times
My wife reported the same thing. Even BJs gas is almost $3/gallon now. Note I don't have too many complaints as coming from NY the gas here is at least $0.25/gallon cheaper. In my mind I use those savings to offset the increased milk prices here.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:32 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
Luckily I drive a Camray that's paid off!

Old 11-04-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Luckily I drive a Camray that's paid off!
Camry, same here mine is a 4 cyl 2005 5 speed, what a great car! Get 35 36 highway 30 city . Its great.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:33 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times
Average sale prices from around the state.

http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/NCmetro.asp

American Automobile Association (AAA)

Old 11-04-2007, 04:19 PM

6 posts, read 24,560 times
If it makes you feel any better, gasoline prices here in the Scramento Valley of California have been running in the $3.31 range for regular since last week.

They jumped from under $3.00 to $3.31 in about ten days. Don't know what's going on but this is another reason why I'm "sick of Calif".

Old 11-04-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofcalif View Post
If it makes you feel any better, gasoline prices here in the Scramento Valley of California have been running in the $3.31 range for regular since last week.

They jumped from under $3.00 to $3.31 in about ten days. Don't know what's going on but this is another reason why I'm "sick of Calif".

The energy traders, the guys who are speculating about the price of oil, its all BS!! There is plenty of crude! We the people must use less, that means smaller cars and smaller homes. That is our only way to win, we are just the pawns in the big game.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:25 PM

120 posts, read 206,343 times
Default I checked out the AAA fuel report for the country.

How in the heck does Jersey have the lowest fuel cost across the country?

Old 11-04-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryingtofigureitout View Post
How in the heck does Jersey have the lowest fuel cost across the country?
Lowest tax on a gallon of gasoline.Plus they actually have a few refineries in the state and get this MASS TRANSIT!! Yes you really CAN take a train, Bus or even a boat to either NYC or Philly to get to work. Unlike the awful situation here in the triangle.

They really are doing everything wrong down here. The infrastructure is overwhelmed, schools roads no mass transit not enough water the same BS that Atlanta did and they are really in deep you know what with water. Oh well time to sell this place in Fuquay and find the new place out of the southeast.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:37 PM

120 posts, read 206,343 times
Default NC did have pride in moderation, not any longer.

We drive harder every year. More people move here than any other state. Employees commute further in NC than any other state. Our state may be thriving today, but not likely ten years from now.

What happens if too many people jump on board a ship? Eventually the ship's bouyancy will decrease and eventually capsize. Too many people are jumping on this good ride in NC right now.

Gas prices, water shortages, job market decline, housing defaults are only the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary