Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 08:22 AM

45 posts, read 168,744 times

Advertisements

Well, I guess nobody builds these pools here. Unless they are spending the BIG bucks! Several of you recommended Frank Bowman and I have to say that he had great ideas when I met with him...I was really psyched to work with him. Now, I can't get a return phone call...and yesterday he HUNG UP on my husband when he identified himself. WEIRD! Perhaps it's just not meant for me to have this pool. I have never encountered such unprofessionalism...if our budget isn't big enough for you just say so..but return the landscape drawings I lent you when we met. Maddening!!! Rant over...
Judy

Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 AM

4,280 posts, read 5,940,712 times
Default Hang up, or just disconnected??

Most contractors spend their entire day working from cell phones in their trucks or at job sites. Very few have the luxury of offices with land lines.

Unless the contractor got nasty with your husband, or verbally declined the work before the line went dead, it is possible the call just got dropped by the cell carrier/tower.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:27 AM

Well, I would believe it was a cell phone snafu if there wasn't the precedent of not returning calls and emails. For whatever reason he doesn't want to tell us straight that he's not interested in our project. Can't really figure that one out.
Judy

Old 10-30-2007, 01:27 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,386,769 times
Judy,

I saw a fabulous pool at a Parade of Homes home at Hills of Rosemont in Durham. It was made by this company. Welcome To Backyard Oasis Pools - Serving Central North Carolina Not sure if it is in your price range but the one I saw would have looked perfect in your backyard.

Jackie

Old 10-30-2007, 02:28 PM

Thanks Jackie! Maybe I'll have better luck with them.
Judy

Old 10-31-2007, 04:21 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,171,909 times
Do check on your insurance - some insurers don't want the risk of a pool. Get adequate liability coverage in place.

Also, see if a pool will raise your taxes.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:01 AM

14 posts, read 35,644 times
Did you ever have any luck finding someone to build your pool? We are building a house in Raleigh and we are trying to get estimates for a pool. There aren't a ton of gunite pool companies here. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM

Yes, we did build our pool and had a good experience with Backyard Oasis out of Wake Forest. If you DM me I can give you more info.
Judy

Old 06-29-2008, 03:29 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,017,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistydew View Post
Well, I guess nobody builds these pools here. Unless they are spending the BIG bucks! Several of you recommended Frank Bowman and I have to say that he had great ideas when I met with him...I was really psyched to work with him. Now, I can't get a return phone call...and yesterday he HUNG UP on my husband when he identified himself. WEIRD! Perhaps it's just not meant for me to have this pool. I have never encountered such unprofessionalism...if our budget isn't big enough for you just say so..but return the landscape drawings I lent you when we met. Maddening!!! Rant over...
Judy
I was amazed to see this post. He runs Clearwater pools and built our pool. It was a great smooth project til he was 90 % done ( and 90 % paid)and he would not finish and would not return calls. We actually ended up having another company finish the work. Then he left bills and a threat to send it to collections for the final money.
We filed with the Attorney general saying we didn't
pay the last $ because he did not finish the pool. He sent a letter back to them with lies about us not paying all along but we had the returned checks to prove we paid.
I ran into him years later and asked why he quit the job and he said he was overwhelmed with too many projects.......

It is WEIRD because our pool is beatiful and people want to know who did it but we would NEVER recommend him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary