Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 07:13 AM

62 posts, read 385,074 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a date-type moni golf place around the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,824,805 times
I was only aware of a few in the Tri,
Raleigh (Adventure Landing off Capital between 40 & 540): Adventure Landing
Durham (Wheels Fun Park, east of Durham just off US-70): Wheels Fun Park
RDI (Frankies Fun Park: Just west of the Brier Creek area): Frankies Fun Park

and the search shows one opening soon in Cary (on High House Rd just west of Davis): Indoor Greens: Indoor Greens Mini Golf & Cafe which appears that it will be more a serious Putt Putt than a monsters and windmills Goofy Golf.

I prefer Frankies. Depending on the time and day-of-week, they all can overrun with kids, but Frankies has the advantage of the indoor arcade and a pretty good sports bar type restaurant.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 AM

459 posts, read 757,312 times
Indoor Greens has already opened. We are definitely going to check it out soon, on a day when the weather isn't nice or if we don't want to put up with the pollen.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,152,532 times
There is a mini golf place in Cary (maybe technically Raleigh) on the corner of Tryon and Jones Franklin. In the same shopping center as the Food Lion and Sweetbottoms. Maybe not a place for a date, unless you're going for super nostalgia, but it's another mini golf option.

I miss the mini golf place that was in the town I grew up in in NJ. It had the animated King Kong, windmills, etc. I've never seen anything like that down here (and wouldn't be surprised if the one in NJ is long gone by now ).

Old 04-16-2013, 06:20 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,698,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
I was only aware of a few in the Tri,
Raleigh (Adventure Landing off Capital between 40 & 540): Adventure Landing
Durham (Wheels Fun Park, east of Durham just off US-70): Wheels Fun Park
RDI (Frankies Fun Park: Just west of the Brier Creek area): Frankies Fun Park
Just to add to this - Frankies is probably the best - it has three courses and is relatively new, clean and easy to get to.

Wheels is brand new and I haven't been, so I can't comment on it, but Adventure Landing is run down and decrepit; it was the only game in town for a while and its location keeps it in business, but I'd avoid it.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,328,304 times
Just as an aside, did you know that Putt-Putt was born in North Carolina? Specifically in Fayetteville!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary