Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM

5 posts, read 8,930 times

Advertisements

I would greatly appreciate recommendations for a personal trainer who works in Durham. I tried Empower, but didn't have a good experience there. I would be willing to travel to Chapel Hill or Hillsborough to work with someone though don't want to join a facility outside of Durham. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 02:53 PM

387 posts, read 1,047,749 times
Why didn't you have a good experience? What are your expectations? Are you male or female? What type of training do you want to do?

Last edited by goldenncmom; 12-07-2012 at 03:34 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,952,245 times
Ashley Shade at 02 fitness is excellent.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. It just so happens that I live in North Durham, 25-30 minutes from O2 fitness, so it's probably not the best fit with respect to joining a gym. Will keep searching ;-)

Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
Why didn't you have a good experience? What are your expectations? Are you male or female? What type of training do you want to do?
Empower didn't feel like such a good fit, because it felt too much like a personal training factory with the person I worked with just doing her best to churn one person out after the next. I don't have a preference with respect to working with a male or female. However, I am quite out of shape and have always struggled with exercising so need someone who can design a program for and really help to motivate a beginner. It seemed like Empower, including their classes, is a better fit for people who are already fit and looking to improve. That's fine. It's just not where I'm at. Thanks for your interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary