Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:24 AM

68 posts, read 153,259 times

Advertisements

Is there any place to get a "real" slice of pizza around here
(hopefully in Cary/Apex/Morrisville)--I've tried quite a few
and they are all less than acceptable--nothing that would
even be considered average in the New York area--anyone
have suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,167,540 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...alk-pizza.html

Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM

826 posts, read 1,935,263 times
I have not been here but just relaying a recommendation I heard 2 hours ago from a New Yorker who was excited to order Bocci's Pizza for lunch. I just reviewed the pizza thread eva posted to see if it was on there and it's not although it certainly sounds like Camos Bros might be the place to go! Mixed reviews on the restaurant on urbanspoon review site but the reviews for the pizza are pretty good.

Looks like you can get a slice for $2 during lunch Monday-Friday. It's on the corner of Kildaire Farms and Lochmere in Cary.
http://www.bocciitalian.com/blog/wp-...Background.pdf

Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,969,379 times
Would it be possible for us to acknowledge that tastes differ - among people and even regionally - so that when something is not to our personal liking we don't have to label it as somehow inferior? Is it not enough to ask where to find pizza that tastes like what you're familiar with in New York, rather than labeling pizza that is not to your liking as not "real" or not even "average"?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 PM

545 posts, read 1,607,384 times
I don't know if it's up to "New York" standards, but I like the pizza at Rukus Pizza. There is one in Cary (I think it's the original). I go to the one in Raleigh near NC State.

Ruckus Pizza

Well, according to the site, there is also one in Morrisville, too.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:33 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,167,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post
I don't know if it's up to "New York" standards, but I like the pizza at Rukus Pizza. There is one in Cary (I think it's the original). I go to the one in Raleigh near NC State.

Ruckus Pizza

Well, according to the site, there is also one in Morrisville, too.
The original is the one in Mission Valley. The one in Cary opened much later. And I wouldn't begin to consider it NY pizza though I enjoy their pizza.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM

181 posts, read 388,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Would it be possible for us to acknowledge that tastes differ - among people and even regionally - so that when something is not to our personal liking we don't have to label it as somehow inferior? Is it not enough to ask where to find pizza that tastes like what you're familiar with in New York, rather than labeling pizza that is not to your liking as not "real" or not even "average"?

Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM

606 posts, read 905,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Acknowledged!

Now if only we could get the NYC people to acknowledge that a whole state is attached to their beloved city and "New York" pizza is relative to where you're from. I had no idea such thin pizza even existed until I moved South. Western NY does pizza much different than NYC.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 PM

68 posts, read 153,259 times
I did hesitate to include the "New York" part--but--no--I don't think good pizza is
a subjective quality--I would imagine a panel of "experts" (maybe "Throwdown with
Bobbly Flay" style) would agree the pizza around New York is generally very good--Have
any of you who questioned this actually tasted "New York" pizza? I have had Bocci's
pizza and it's probably the best I've tried in the area...

Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,950,309 times
"Where in the triangle can you get a slice of pizza that most resembles what you are used to getting in NY?" (that is really your question without the associated condescension).

From my experience the closest thing will be Randy's...although (as I'm sure you are well aware) nothing will really be the same because we don't have NY water down here. I did recommend Bocci on the other thread- although I think their deep dish is much better than their regular crust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary