Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 07:06 AM

187 posts, read 345,627 times

Advertisements

I've been seeing a wonderful acupuncturist in Raleigh, but he is not within my BC/BS network and it's gotten too expensive for me to continue to pay out of pocket.

Does anyone know if any practioners in the area who are within the Blue Cross/Blue Shield network?

I've searched on the BC/BS site, but they don't list acupuncturists (though it is covered by my plan). I've also done a Google search but so far I'm not seeing anyone who claims to be within network. I don't mind filing my own claims, but I do need someone IN network.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 08:20 PM

4,170 posts, read 4,886,540 times
Your best option is to call your plan administrator directly to find participating local providers. Remedy clinic in Raleigh offers a 20% discount for BCBS patients but they are not in the BCBS network.

Remedy Clinic

Old 08-16-2012, 11:47 AM

187 posts, read 345,627 times
I did call BC/BS, but they referred me to the website. There are no acupuncturists listed on the site, only chiropracters, which is a very different practice although chiropracters often with hand in hand with acupuncturists. I called several, but none take BC.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 PM

351 posts, read 770,703 times
I'd recommend Askeland Chiro & Acupuncture on Six Forks - Raleigh Chiropractor | Chiropractor in Raleigh | Wake Forest Acupuncture | Clayton Auto Accident Injury

Their site says they accept BCBS

Old 08-16-2012, 12:27 PM

748 posts, read 1,376,866 times
If you have an individual plan with BCBS (not through an employer), acupuncture is NOT covered. I dont know about employer plans.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:07 PM

135 posts, read 269,584 times
Hi all,
Waking up a year-old thread in the hopes that someone can help - can anyone tell me what to expect to pay for an acupuncture visit? I haven't settled on a specific practice yet so any info would be great. I also have BCBS, and if it's a reasonable out of pocket expense I would just pay for it and not bother with the insurance, just going to their website to look up stuff gives me hives. My copays are pretty high, sometimes higher than what the charge would be!

thanks.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:05 PM

65 posts, read 105,370 times
I have used Triangle Acupuncture Clinic. With BCBS acupuncture was not covered. However, I was able to use money set aside in my flex spending account. I believe each visit was $75-$95.

What part gives you the hives? Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:15 PM

135 posts, read 269,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillac View Post
I have used Triangle Acupuncture Clinic. With BCBS acupuncture was not covered. However, I was able to use money set aside in my flex spending account. I believe each visit was $75-$95.

What part gives you the hives? Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the info. I don't literally get hives, I just don't have the patience to use the website, I can never find what I want quickly enough.

I guess it depends on the problem, but usually multiple sessions are required? I'm thinking of going for heel pain/plantar fasciitis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary