Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 06:44 AM

120 posts, read 236,310 times

Advertisements

After receiving many qoutes we have narrowed our pool provider down to three; Aquatic Artist, Backyard Oasis, Liquid Designs. I will note that it took a few hours to decipher through the qoutes and actually compare apples to apples. Where the most expensive at first was not in the end as it was more inclusive so be careful to note what is not included in your qoutes and what is in others. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with any of these three?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 07:04 AM

20 posts, read 25,978 times
Would like to hear of anybody's latest experiences with local pool builders. We are still weighing our options and deciding if its the right thing for my family to do right now. We have no doubt we'd use it extensively and love it nor mind the work going into it all but just want to make sure its a wise decision and continue to gain feedback from other's who have put an inground pool in around the area and their lessons learned. Thanks.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:01 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,577,776 times
I can't speak highly enough of Rising Sun Pools.

Swimming Pool Raleigh & Cary: Inground & Above Ground Swimming Pools Spas Hot Tub Saunas NC | Inground and Above Ground Swimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tub, Saunas | NC

Old 10-23-2012, 01:22 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,006,115 times
Stay clear of Clear Water Pools.. !!!!!
Just checked and the name is Frank Bowman Designs now.
Skilled but shady business man ...
PM me if you want to know just how bad..

Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,410 times
We used backyard oasis, and have been extremely happy with the pool and the people we worked with during the process. They were spot on with their quote, and have been helpful since the pool opened (and 1.5 years later when I still have questions!!!).

Leigh

Old 10-23-2012, 07:08 PM

615 posts, read 1,503,195 times
We had a very positive experience with Clearwater pools about two months ago. Basic 12x23 in ground pool with salt water system. Fiberglass pool...no vinyl liner. Shallow end and deeper end. 3 foot concrete pad around pool. Basic package with minimal extras. @24,000 . One month from start to finish. They handled all excavation , permits and concrete work.

Hope this helps

Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 PM

586 posts, read 1,546,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Stay clear of Clear Water Pools.. !!!!!
Just checked and the name is Frank Bowman Designs now.
Skilled but shady business man ...
PM me if you want to know just how bad..
Just to clarify, there is a Clearwater pools in the Clayton/Garner area that must be different than the one cited above. We had a positive experience with Clearwater. Their equipment seemed to be better quality than some of the other pool builders that we were getting quotes from.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:43 PM

120 posts, read 236,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
We used backyard oasis, and have been extremely happy with the pool and the people we worked with during the process. They were spot on with their quote, and have been helpful since the pool opened (and 1.5 years later when I still have questions!!!).

Leigh

Glad to hear you liked Backyar Oasis. They are one of our top Three!! Good to hear!!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:19 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,030 times
Default rising sun pool

Used them and also never heard a bad thing about them. Best thing is that they have a fully stocked location with any needed repair parts that you might need in a few years, even little plastic stuff.

The best tip would be to put the pool into a large landscape design plan, placement is important. There may be sales now since this is the slow season.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 AM

20 posts, read 25,978 times
Good to hear a lot of positive feedback on most places. I will look once again at Backyard Oasis. I can't say I've heard of ClearWater pools but have heard of Frank Bowman Design/Pools. My understanding was that he is a higher end total turn key/design type of outfit. Rising Sun seems to be a good spot with fair pricing and a store near my house so thats also a plus.

We've gotten some quotes to date on all aspects of the project but if anyone is willing to PM what their final up and running cost turned out to be and the design I'd appreciate a bench-mark to compare against. Did you find you were on budget or run over by a fair percentage?

For reference we are looking into a 20x32 sized vinyl lined pool with a total of around 700-800sq ft of concrete patio/decking plus install of a new "code" grade fence around property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary