Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,101 times

Advertisements

My 2 daughters and 2 of their friends were rear-ended tonight about 5:45pm. They were driving a white Honda Civic. The person who hit them pushed them several feet and into another car. The hit and run driver was driving a dark SUV, they think. This person immediately spun their tires into reverse and sped around them to get away. It happened so fast no one got the license plate number.

The person in front sustained heavy damage to his rear bumper. He pulled into the BP gas station just past Crabtree, looked at the damage, then drove away. He was an Asian man driving an older, gold colored Toyota Camry.

My daughter's car stalled from the wreck and wouldn't crank immediately, so these 2 people just drove away and left 4 teenage girls in the middle of the road to fend for themselves. Then for several minutes until she could get the car cranked, everyone passing honked at them to get out of the way. Not a single person stopped to help.

This all happened right in front of the BP at the 440/Glenwood Ave. exit.

If you saw this accident or know anyone who may have, please let me know here or in a private message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 06:51 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,847,011 times
Wow sorry about that! I hope you find the culprits soon. With it being so close to the BP i'm sure the cameras for the store could have seen it? I bet there are traffic cams that may have a good eye on that area as well.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,101 times
I checked on the security cameras. They don't show the street. The guy who drove into the parking lot wasn't in the right spot for the camera. The store clerk didn't see anything either. I might check on the DMV cameras. I didn't realize there were so many in the area.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:28 PM

2,021 posts, read 3,604,099 times
That sucks, happened to my wife once. Police report, insurance claim and move on with life as long as no one was hurt.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:36 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,184,040 times
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a DMV camera at that intersection since accidents happen there regularly.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,908,052 times
Sorry to hear that--what a jerk. I suspect the odds of anyone catching the perp are very slim. At least they are OK, but this is bound to be traumatizing for girls their age.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:26 PM

Did y'all file a police report at least? I'm sure the police can access the DMV and WRAL's traffic cameras if need be.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:38 PM

13 posts, read 39,768 times
I hate to hear it, but at least there were no serious injuries. Many of these hit and runs tend to leave the victims with a healthy hospital bill, I'm glad this wasn't the case. The holiday season always seem to bring out the worst drivers for some reason.

With that said, good luck in finding the guy, I hope you get him.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:48 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,699,319 times
That sounds like not one but TWO drivers with no insurance. Too bad NC lets them get away with it.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
That sounds like not one but TWO drivers with no insurance. Too bad NC lets them get away with it.
What's the state supposed to do when they drive off and no one has any identifying information about the driver that ran away? If they do catch the driver and they are indeed driving without insurance, not only will they be in a whole heap of trouble for a hit and run, they're also facing suspension of their license and monetary penalties for driving without insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary