Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:23 AM

560 posts, read 2,855,440 times

Advertisements

With the heat, lack of rain, bad restaurants, HOA woes, etc on the forum lately, which is great by the way because we wouldn't want those thinking of a move to the Triangle walking around with rose colored glasses, I thought it might be good to start a more positive thread with a simple question.

So here is the question . . .

What is your favorite whatever (new thing to do, new food to eat, new place to go, etc.) that you have become accustom to doing since moving to the Triangle?

Mine is that every Sunday we go to 9AM mass then come home and make a picnic lunch to bring to the pool. My wife, two year old daughter, my five month old son, and I, swim, laugh, eat, and drink for a solid two hours, then go home and take a nap (sometimes mom and dad too, but mostly the kids), then we fire up the BBQ for dinner. I look forward to this all week long. As the fall approaches we will have to think of a new place to bring the picnic maybe start checking out our beautiful parks, been to Pullen but no others yet?

The threads describing the negative aspects of the Triangle are very important. I am not suggesting we stop these from coming up, just want to make sure there are some positive ones in between here and there! Looking forward to your responses.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:36 AM

693 posts, read 2,767,715 times
One of my main reasons to move here was the weather and in that sense I am very very happy with it. No more long dreary extreme cold winters with piles and piles of snow. Jan/Feb could be a little warmer but it's not bad.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:36 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,328,890 times
My favorite thing to do is pretty simple - sit on my front porch and relax. We especially love to do it when it's raining - the rain sounds so nice in the trees. We also have a couple of bird feeders, and feed the squirrels as well. The birds will come to the feeder when we're outside, and when we're inside we can watch the squirrels.

It may not sound like much, but coming from a big city, you learn to appreciate the simple things. We've worked hard for a long time to have our place in the country, and now my favorite thing to do is come home.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:37 AM

310 posts, read 1,719,070 times
For us, we found the best Sushi resturant in the south. It is called Mura and it is in North Hills Mall. For the best dessert, we go to Hereghty for the best desert, coffee, and wine in town Hereghty Patisserie, Cafe in Raleigh. Pastries, Desserts and Wedding Cakes

Also, every weekend we take a bicycle ride in Shelley lake.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:17 AM

275 posts, read 1,116,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE1000 View Post
For us, we found the best Sushi resturant in the south. It is called Mura and it is in North Hills Mall. For the best dessert, we go to Hereghty for the best desert, coffee, and wine in town Hereghty Patisserie, Cafe in Raleigh. Pastries, Desserts and Wedding Cakes

Also, every weekend we take a bicycle ride in Shelley lake.
Oh my gosh, that Hereghtys is divine!!! I had the most incredible panini lunch....and the chewy chocolote browny type cookies (can't remember what they are called). The pastries are really something special.....

My husband & I just finished staining our new deck, and I love to go out at night, after the kids go to bed, nice and warm outside, and listen to the "night music" of all the insects. I have a little garden plaque that says "cricket concert every night"...I love it...I love summer!!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:19 AM

842 posts, read 3,238,422 times
My favorite thing about the Triangle is when it's 70 and sunny in January, and I call my family in Pennsylvania where it's 30 and snowing

Old 08-15-2007, 10:52 AM

579 posts, read 2,870,234 times
I love taking our dogs for long walks and swims at the many beautiful parks and lakes in the area. I LOVE the fall weather here and every evening we just sit outside in the yard with the dogs and just take in the gorgeous weather at dusk.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:55 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,725,403 times
My favorite thing is to spend time with our kids at some of our favorite parks--North Cary, Kids Together and Bond. They are also so pretty and there's so much for the kids to do. There was nothing like this in Richmond.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:37 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,243,760 times
Crystal Palace chinese buffet - Yummy!!

Old 08-15-2007, 02:24 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,086,678 times
I love Cafe Driade in Chapel Hill. Sitting on the back patio with a good drink and good friends, surrounded by all of those trees ... heavenly! And I love taking a walk around Duke Gardens & stopping by Locopops on the way home for a treat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary