Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 06:40 AM

70 posts, read 91,256 times

Advertisements

I just had mine cleaned about a week or so ago. I was originally quoted $60 for a 3200 sq ft two story. However, when he arrived on site he said I had a more complex roof than normal and a) he'd have to raise the price to $70 and b) it was too hot to go on a roof that high (?). He then said if you want to look around and get someone else that is fine (which I thought was strange...it was as if he didn't want to do it) and then said if he did do it he'd be back next week in the early morning. I said I had no problem with the extra $10 but why did i have to wait a week given I had already waited at least that long. He did end up coming back the next day but it was weird so at the moment I'd probably use someone else

Sorry, long answer to your question about cost ($70, 3200 sq ft)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 06:46 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,115,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirlRaleigh View Post
I've been thinking about hiring a gutter service. Can you give me an idea of what the rate is? I know it will be different for each house, but I have no clue what to expect.

Thanks!
Off the top of my head, I think they charge $240 for a four times a year service and it tapers down from there for less frequent visits.
I have to say we've been very happy with this service. They're very neat, blow off the sidewalk and driveway and give the whole roof/soffit/downspout system a good look. We even asked them to clean the skylights on our screened porch last time which they did - and they refused the $20 I tried to tip them.

Frank

Old 08-19-2011, 09:06 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,562,691 times
Guy just came to clean mine yesterday. $35 all said and done. DIV Cleaning.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:15 AM

842 posts, read 2,598,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorrieM View Post
I just had mine cleaned about a week or so ago. I was originally quoted $60 for a 3200 sq ft two story. However, when he arrived on site he said I had a more complex roof than normal and a) he'd have to raise the price to $70 and b) it was too hot to go on a roof that high (?). He then said if you want to look around and get someone else that is fine (which I thought was strange...it was as if he didn't want to do it) and then said if he did do it he'd be back next week in the early morning. I said I had no problem with the extra $10 but why did i have to wait a week given I had already waited at least that long. He did end up coming back the next day but it was weird so at the moment I'd probably use someone else

Sorry, long answer to your question about cost ($70, 3200 sq ft)
My house has more sq. footage and I only paid $50. I will see if I can find the guy's business card and DM it to you.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 AM

564 posts, read 878,199 times
Someone on this board (sorry, can't remember who) gave me a recommendation for the following:

Major League Gutter Cleaning, Power Washing, Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Fuquay-Varina, NC

Great job and reasonable price.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM

4,483 posts, read 11,673,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janster100 View Post
Someone on this board (sorry, can't remember who) gave me a recommendation for the following:

Major League Gutter Cleaning, Power Washing, Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Fuquay-Varina, NC

This is who I use. A few people on this forum do as well, I think.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:27 PM

842 posts, read 2,598,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janster100 View Post

That is exactly who I used and he was pretty reasonable, especially for the size house that I have. Everyones else that I contacted wanted to fleece me like I had just won the Lotto ... darn crooks

Old 08-19-2011, 02:42 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,771,775 times
I clean gutters as my side job. While every house is different and varies in price, they all have this in common. If it has gutter guards, I raise the price quite a bit. Hopefully it will be so high I won't get the job and if I do I'll make good money. I've been doing it for years and every time I have a job that has gutter guards I have to take them off to clean the gutters and it's a major hassle! Just my 24 cents on the subject....

Old 08-19-2011, 05:36 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,750,489 times
We have leaf guard gutters.Our house has a very high roof so we felt it was worth the investment and it has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary