Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 08:25 AM

101 posts, read 189,538 times

Advertisements

my current ped is with Rex and they are in contract disputes with Aetna still. Starting May 1 the peds office said they are treating all Aetna patients as self pay and you need to pay the complete visit $$ out of pocket and get reimbursed. I really don't want to change but I'm not sure how long this contract stuff will be going on. My son sees the ped every 3/4 months for a medication check and I really cannot afford to pay out of pocket each time and wait for Aetna to reimburse me.

How about Cary Pediatric Center (Cresent Comments at the corner of Kildaire and Tryon)? Anything good or bad about them?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 AM

515 posts, read 1,719,464 times
We have gone to them since our son was born. We like them. Some Dr's bedside manner are better than others but they are all good Dr's. We love Dr. Bloom and Zimmerman.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 AM

5,755 posts, read 17,643,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post
We love Dr. Bloom. . . . .
Ditto. We take both of our sons to her.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:14 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,732,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post
We have gone to them since our son was born. We like them. Some Dr's bedside manner are better than others but they are all good Dr's. We love Dr. Bloom and Zimmerman.
I would agree with this assessment. We have been going there for almost 5 years now and have been pleased. I don't think we have ever had a problem getting a same day appointment.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:20 AM

100 posts, read 290,869 times
We also love Cary Pediatrics and our son sees Dr. Seidel.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:19 PM

86 posts, read 207,533 times
I agree with all of the above. I don't know if the doctors we have seen have the warmest bedside manners, but they are okay and we have never had trouble getting same day appointments.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,260,059 times
We moved from MD last years and went to Cary Pediatrics when my 2-year old son had a bad cold. I didn't get a chance to do much research due to urgency. The place was not bad, but it felt like a conveyor belt. After waiting in the first room (we had an early morning appointment) we were invited to the exam room and were stuck there close to 20 min. With a cranky toddler and nothing to do it was like a torture. Doctor was OK but she seemed to concentrate more on paperwork than my son.

The nurse was kind of grumpy. She tried to weigh my son but he wouldn't step on the scales (those terrible old "shaky" ones). When I offered to weigh me holding him and then just me separately and subtract the weight, she had a look as if I said something outrageous. Then she said that most kids don't like the scales. Then why not buy different ones?

We found another doctor with a small private office and I couldn't be happier. I'll PM you the address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary