Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 01:32 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,293,986 times

Advertisements

Today my wife suggested we go to the Wake Forest Farmer's Market. Boy am I glad she suggested it. I have never really ventured into Downtown Wake Forest before and am only now beginning to realize what I have been missing. While the farmer market is small I found it still had lots to offer. We picked up a few ears of corn, a jar of rosemary blush jam, and some fresh goat cheese! The producers there were very friendly and eager to talk about their products. There was a small gazebo where a musician was playing the guitar and lots of friendly people about at both the market and around downtown.

For More Info on the Wake Forest Farmer's Market gor to: Wake Forest Farmers' Market Home Page

Here are a few pictures of the Farmers market and the downtown area around South White Street.

A Survey of How The Market can be Improved

The Downtown Area around South White Street

Cool Truck!

Cool Art Gallery featuring several local Artist

A TV Repair Shop....I didn't think these existed anymore! Awesome!

Shorty's ~ A local Hot Dog place. It was packed and looked like a local favorite!

Pictures inside two of the local shops

Shot of the Railroad Tracks cutting through the Downtown Area

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 01:35 PM

150 posts, read 599,403 times
You did us proud!!! Thanks so much for venturing down - it is a fantastic place to visit, the fresh produce is awesome and every weekend there is something different offered there!

Old 07-28-2007, 02:03 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,671,364 times
Great pictures! Isn't that goat cheese soooo good?

Old 07-28-2007, 04:15 PM

233 posts, read 860,827 times
I've been to a really neat place over there... the Cotton Gin (?), it's lots of small vendors set up in an old factory/warehouse. We went right around xmas time and they had hot cider and cookies upstairs in the gallery.. it was beautiful and got some great xmas shopping done there.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:33 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,671,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassy View Post
I've been to a really neat place over there... the Cotton Gin (?), it's lots of small vendors set up in an old factory/warehouse. We went right around xmas time and they had hot cider and cookies upstairs in the gallery.. it was beautiful and got some great xmas shopping done there.
The Cotton Company...set up in an old cotton warehouse. The Holding Family (historic big wigs of the town, I think the last daughter recently died at age 90-something) used to own the building I was told for their cotton empire.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:46 PM

105 posts, read 391,484 times
Beautiful pictures! I'll have to venture to the downtown area sometime soon and check it out. Thanks for showing us those.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:45 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,061,415 times
Marvelous pics, NRG! Thank you so much for doing this.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:48 AM

99 posts, read 216,597 times
wow! great pics! it makes me wish i was there already!!! grrr if only my house would sell!

Old 07-29-2007, 02:36 AM

607 posts, read 2,431,952 times
Wow, I could have sat and looked at more pictures all night. I will be looking forward to a visit to the market there. I saw someone had a dog on a leash, I take it that you can bring your dog??? That would be awesome.

Anyhow NRG, thanks for the pictures they were really nice.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 AM

59 posts, read 284,413 times
Default Thanks NRG

I went to rate your post positively and received a: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to North_Raleigh_Guy again" !

Oopsie! Well just wanted to thank you for posting those fantastic pix!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary