Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2007, 05:16 PM

4 posts, read 12,894 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have decided that it is time to move from Maysville NC to the Triangle. He will be done with his BS in Computer Science in October and at that time will start to find a job in Raleigh or in that area.

We would like to rent a patio home for the first year or two to save money and also learn more about the area. I found a subdivision in Raleigh, Greshan Hills, that I really like but can't seem to find anyone in that area that knows anything about even where it is. The ad says it is off 540 and minutes from Triangle Towne, does anyone know anything about these homes??

Do you know of any other rental communities? Since we have a one year old son I am looking for something that has a yard which is what we like so much about these patio style rentals we found.

We were thinking of buying a home in Knightdale but of course this all depends on where my husband finds a job.

Is it reasonable to think that we should be able to make more money living in Raleigh and live comfortable while still allowing me to stay home and raise our son??

I know there are a lot of questions here but I am nervous about moving to the "city".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 05:58 PM

757 posts, read 2,088,419 times
Smile There is a house in our subdivision for rent

There is a house in our neighborhood for rent. Not sure how much. It's sugarland run. Great neighborhood...all have yards and the subdivision is very kid-friendly. I always see kids playing in the streets. It's in Apex. Only a 15 minute commute to downtown Raleigh. As for computer science, my husband works for the state as a computer programmer. They always have jobs posted. You have to look online for the state of North Carolina and then jobs/technical/computers. There a lot of programmer jobs listed. He Loves his job! They hired him straight out of school.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:09 PM

2 posts, read 4,125 times
My Wife and I are looking to relocate somewhere outside Longisland New York. Many people have been telling us that Raleigh is great for New Yorkers!
My wife is a nurse and can work anywhere, however I work in Business -to- Business sales with ADP and I need heavily populated areas with thriving small business's to make a living, is Raleigh North Carolina for me?????

Old 07-24-2007, 09:17 PM

43,481 posts, read 77,457,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandNY View Post
My Wife and I are looking to relocate somewhere outside Longisland New York. Many people have been telling us that Raleigh is great for New Yorkers!
My wife is a nurse and can work anywhere, however I work in Business -to- Business sales with ADP and I need heavily populated areas with thriving small business's to make a living, is Raleigh North Carolina for me?????
I always think that if you can sell, you can live anywhere.
The Triangle is a mix of private industry and government money, with the State Universities, and State government being huge factors in the local economy.
Also, I think it is a fairly entrepreneurial area.
But we are not, in my mind, "Heavily populated." You will drive a fair radius to find 2 million people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary