Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 09:34 AM

142 posts, read 522,666 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any opinions/information/thoughts on Rolesville? Saw a couple of homes that would fit our needs there (online only so far) and wanted to get some info. Good schools? Commute would be twice a week to RTP. Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 10:16 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,256,859 times
Rolesville is a nice town and in a good location. About 5 minutes east of Wake Forest and 5 Minutes North of Raleigh. They are widening highway 401 currently which is the main link into Raleigh, but aside from the typical rush hour traffic Rolesville has almost no traffic to speak of. They have only 1 grocery store, but there are a few just over in Wake Forest and Raleigh. Really it's the last town to not have exploded just yet. I like rolesville and live just south of there in adjoining Raleigh. Several nice subdivisions including Village at Rolesville, Granite Falls. If you need more detailed info just P.M. me. Also several nice local resturants and things, and a nice furniture store. Also try Daylight Doughnuts. Yum Yummy

-T.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,700,530 times
my sil lives in one of the new subdivisions there. its a nice area.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:45 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,115,403 times
My sister and her husband live there. Nice area for sure. Fairly long RTP commute, but twice a week is a nice break.

Frank

Old 02-15-2011, 02:28 PM

6 posts, read 48,314 times
I grew up down the road from Rolesville. It's rapidly losing its ultra-small town appeal, especially with the tumorous growth of businesses along highway 401, but there are other aspects about it that will remain charming. My toddler adores the park there, and I have fond memories of attending the Elementary school. Expect much more growth, especially with the new high school coming at some point in the future.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:56 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,385,325 times
Rolesville looks EXACTLY like Cary did when I moved there in the early '70s!!! Cary was a bedroom community to Raleigh. It had virtually no restaurants and no malls or shopping centers.

Rolesville is very much a bedroom community to Wake Forest.

Cute town...cuter downtown park.

Vicki

Old 02-15-2011, 04:29 PM

142 posts, read 522,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Rolesville looks EXACTLY like Cary did when I moved there in the early '70s!!! Cary was a bedroom community to Raleigh. It had virtually no restaurants and no malls or shopping centers.

Rolesville is very much a bedroom community to Wake Forest.

Cute town...cuter downtown park.

Vicki
is this a good thing, Vicki?

Old 02-15-2011, 05:05 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,822,751 times
In addition to what others have posted, Rolesville is a good place to live. Small town, low crime rate, good schools, good people and close to Lowes, Harris Teeter and Food Lion. Fire dept responds quickly and the police can be seem any time patrolling neighborhoods. The police chief calls and keeps people abreast of any unusal activity.

You get more house and yard for your money than any other town in Wake County. Most of the people in the subdivisions are out of town or out of state.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:35 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,385,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad77 View Post
is this a good thing, Vicki?
It means that currently, Rolesville is a small town with a very small town feel. I think that is a good thing. However, it also means that with North Raleigh becoming so expensive, people have pushed out towards Wake Forest. Wake Forest is becoming a bit more expensive and perhaps Rolesville will be the next area to grow. It is always nice to have that small town feel but then people want more shopping and more restaurants so as people move into the area, it does tend to grow. Will Rolesville continue to grow? That is the million dollar question.

Vicki

Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,915,396 times
Rolesville is a lovely, safe place to find a reasonably priced home. I think it can only go up...a good pick for family living and long term hold
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary