Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 10:38 AM

242 posts, read 594,266 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are relocating to the Cary area in early February and I am interested in getting information about girls soccer leagues. I have 9 yr old twin daughters who have both played soccer for 4 years. One of them is currently in her 2nd year of competitive/travel soccer and the other enjoys recreational soccer. Can anyone a good recreational league as well as a good competitive youth league that focuses on foot & technical skills and maintaining the fun & beauty of the game??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 11:14 AM

337 posts, read 1,138,823 times
Try the Capital Area Soccer League.
Here's a link to their website.
Capital Area Soccer League

Old 01-16-2011, 01:23 PM

306 posts, read 719,986 times
I second CASL. Something to fit all levels of play. Contact them now and give them your info. I did that when we moved and they were able to offer me what was available at that time for my kids. Good luck!

Old 01-16-2011, 03:29 PM

32 posts, read 96,310 times
Around NC, travel soccer (Classic) doesn't usually start until U11. Many clubs have development programs for U8-U10 that are coached by professionals and compete around the local area.

I can personally recommend Triangle Futbol Club (I don't know if I can post the link, but you can Google the club name). In addition to their own rec league, they also have great development programs for U8-U10 taught by professional coaches with locations in both Durham/Chapel Hill and Cary. If your daughter is more advanced, they have an accelerated program for girls (FAST) based in Chapel Hill/Durham. If that's not convenient, having her participate on a boys' team in Cary is also an option if she's comfortable with that (that's the route my daughter took).

Also, one important thing to keep in mind: the girls' teams at TFC get the same quality coaches that the boys' teams get. When we were looking for a club for our daughter, I looked over the credentials of coaches at each club. At some of the smaller clubs in the area, the coaches assigned to the competitive girls' teams were consistently less experienced and had lower level licenses than the boys' teams in the same age bracket.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:46 PM

242 posts, read 594,266 times
Thank you all very much! I think I'm going to like living there..everyone is so helpful.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:23 PM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
It's an "us and them" situation between CASL and all of the other organizations in the area. People either love them or hate them. They can be the gorilla at times. Some parents have a "grass is greener" idea and move their child from CASL to TFC to FVAA to Gold Star, etc. Google "NC Soccer Forum" to find the link to that forum.

BTW - if I were WRAL, I would be ashamed to be associated with the soccer fields off Capital Blvd. They have gotten better in the last few years, but the condition of the fields can be terrible and traffic/parking is a disaster during tournaments there.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,874 times
i grew up playing with CASL and its a great organization
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary