Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 09:06 AM

10,738 posts, read 22,942,045 times

Advertisements

There are frequently posts on here about "how do I meet people?" I have often recommended getting involved in the many local theatre groups here as a wonderful way to meet people, and you don't have to have one bit of "stage talent" to do it!

On Jan. 13, RLT hosts one of their semiannual Backstage Nights, where you can get a tour of the theatre, meet staff and other volunteers in leadership positions, and learn about the many ways you can get involved there, whether it's painting sets, sewing costumes, staffing the box office, house managing, working backstage, finding props, working lights or sound, stage managing, or something else! I was heavily involved at RLT until other obligations pulled me away, but I can vouch for the camaraderie among the volunteers and staff and the friends I made there.

Stop by and give it a try! They also have an email list (which I moderate) announcing upcoming opportunities--you can sign up for that at Backstage Night or just send me a PM with your email.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 10:14 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,703,125 times
Francois, you're killing me! Will they have another one midyear? (After my big move?)

And how did the tryout for the G & S show go? Have you started rehearsal for that yet?

Old 01-04-2011, 01:27 PM

10,738 posts, read 22,942,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
Francois, you're killing me! Will they have another one midyear? (After my big move?)

And how did the tryout for the G & S show go? Have you started rehearsal for that yet?
Yes, they usually have one in July as well--but you can certainly volunteer ANY time by calling up the office and letting them know you're interested; these "backstage nights" are just ways to orient lots of folks at once during fairly slow times of year.

I did get cast in the G&S show (which is a different group than RLT) and we start rehearsals Sunday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary