Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 05:47 PM

871 posts, read 3,020,380 times

Advertisements

Just tried this new restaurant tonight for the first time. Still got a glow on.

Met the co-owner, Steve, several weeks ago, before they opened at Stone Creek Village at High House & Davis Drive. Grabbed a takeout menu. Not extensive, but imaginative! Finally got to sit down to a meal with my wife and 2 teenage sons.

Service is fawning and well-trained. Spoiled us. The menu contains no pasta (thank goodness) and does have very interesting soups, salads, and brick-oven pizzas. The wine menu is solid (I had 2 glasses of the Italian red called Primitivo) and the dessert trio of creme brulee, key lime and chocolate brownie in ramekins.

Prices very reasonable, service dead-on and ownership right at the door. Nothing to lose by giving them a shot. We will visit frequently. The jazz music was not our cup of tea but the crowd (busy for a Sunday evening) was vibrant and cheerful.

Four gleaming forks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 06:25 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,831,411 times
I looked it up a few weeks ago. It's a chain but seems very inventive for the area and may bring a nice night crowd to the area alongside Tribeca Tavern. I need to try it with a group of my friends real soon!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:27 PM

39 posts, read 83,976 times
My husband and I have been twice with our son. Both visits we were very happy with our food and our expierence there. I had a panini the first time and a pizza the last time, both were delicious. We will continue to frequent as well. I hope they do well.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:31 PM

33 posts, read 97,891 times
I have been there twice and had a great experience both times! Great food and service!

Old 09-26-2010, 07:43 PM

51 posts, read 143,334 times
Thanks for the review. Now I'm excited about trying it out soon.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
I looked it up a few weeks ago. It's a chain but seems very inventive for the area and may bring a nice night crowd to the area alongside Tribeca Tavern. I need to try it with a group of my friends real soon!

Please promise you'll PM me before you go?! I would love to tag along (invite myself) for a time away with others (hope not to sound too desperate).....and, I'm a die hard Sox Fan!......hint, hint.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:54 PM

455 posts, read 919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
The menu contains no pasta (thank goodness)
From the menu:

Wife Fare

Mac & Cheese (hey that's pasta!)
Heirloom Tomato Penne (Pasta!)

It's not a lot, but it's there!

Wife and I went this evening. It was good, but it ended up being a lot more expensive than we planned (damn alcohol!) It was a gorgeous night out and we sat outside. Would have stayed all night if we didn't have the baby with us lol. Staff was very attentive and nice, and I'm sure we'll be back.

Oh and Go Sox lol

Old 10-01-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
From the menu:

Wife Fare

Mac & Cheese (hey that's pasta!)
Heirloom Tomato Penne (Pasta!)

It's not a lot, but it's there!

Wife and I went this evening. It was good, but it ended up being a lot more expensive than we planned (damn alcohol!) It was a gorgeous night out and we sat outside. Would have stayed all night if we didn't have the baby with us lol. Staff was very attentive and nice, and I'm sure we'll be back.

Oh and Go Sox lol

Ah HA! The Heirloom Tomato Penne is what I actually wanted to order on my first visit......but it's struck from the menu after all. Glad you had a good experience! The wine accounted for a good portion of our bill also!

Old 10-03-2010, 12:22 PM

54 posts, read 126,001 times
Just ate at Cafe Caturra yesterday, sat outside, weather was gorgeous, food was delicious, wine excellent..menu is similar to many places I've eaten at in NYC but way better than typical chain restaurant fare commonly found here.

I will definitely eat there again and highly recommend it.

Also, bonus - I took my dog with me! I believe they have a brick oven and fireplace inside, which I didn't see cause of the dog. But how nice is that for winter! (And pizza...yum!)

Old 10-04-2010, 02:12 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,435,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
Please promise you'll PM me before you go?! I would love to tag along (invite myself) for a time away with others (hope not to sound too desperate).....and, I'm a die hard Sox Fan!......hint, hint.
Hey, we'd love to join all the other Red Sox fans!!
we can walk there from our house. eloyfan, wait until after our birthdays!! I'm in China right now...be home next week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary