Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 09:42 AM

143 posts, read 418,708 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any recommendations for lawn cutting services in the Knightdale area (or a Raleigh one that will service Knightdale)? We only have about a quarter acre, and are just looking for a service to cut it every few weeks, and maybe aerate/seed in the fall. Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 12:33 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,499,656 times
when we were looking for such services in Chapel Hill, everyone wanted us to sign or agree to some kind of weekly basis. That was not agreeable with me. So I began to notice many different services in my neighborhood early Saturday mornings.

When I need service (when I don't feel like doing it myself) I just walk up to the boss and ask if they will do my yard and how much. They always say yes, do a great job and charge 40$ for front and back. I have a zillion flower beds and they weed eat around all of them. Then they blow both porches, sidewalks, etc.

If I don't think yard needs it, I just don't bother the folks at all.

The nieghbors who have these contracts say they don't want or need weekly mowing but they have no choice. They obviously were dealing with an office person. See if you can find somebody doing like work in your neighborhood and if they will come by your house with some sort of sign or scarf or whatever on the days you want it done.

I think the service I use is owned by the main mower man as his workers always defer to him. I just stand on my front porch, get his attention when he is mowing the yard across the street, give him a thumbs up , he nods and then I pay when he is finished.

What I'm trying to say is if you deal with office people they will require formal weekly service but if you talk to the actual mowers they will be more flexible.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:16 PM

18,636 posts, read 16,112,845 times
UNC81,

My recommendation is to put a posting on Craig's List in the Services section requesting exactly what you're looking for.

Specify that you only need someone to cut your lawn on an occasional (every few weeks or so) basis, mention that you are not interested in being on a contract, list the size of your yard, list any special characteristics (if any) and I bet you'll hear from at least a couple people who will help you out.

Lots of people looking to either expand their business, pick up some extra customers, or even kids looking to make some extra $$.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:54 PM

21 posts, read 70,924 times
When we moved here a couple of years ago, I got estimates from a couple of landscapers and hired Primo Outdoor Services.

Rob has been maintaining our lawn for three years and we're really pleased with his work. He and his crew have handled everything from hardscape, building a retaining wall, and planters to replacing and pruning shrubs. He does an excellent and neat job on everything he does and his prices are very reasonable.

We're in Raleigh, but close to Knightdale, so you might be in his area. I have no idea if he's accepting new clients, but I'd gladly recommend him.

Raleigh Landscaping Services from Primo Outdoor Services
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary