Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:23 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,028,505 times

Advertisements

Last week they offered me standard internet for 34.
I shop around & call them back today to take it..(on my cell)

"Your call is very important to us"

wait 15 minutes

talk to lady who can't help me
"let me transfer you "

wait 15 minutes

talk to another dept that can't help me
"let me transfer you"

wait 15 minutes
"sure we can do that, just one minute"

dead connection

urgggg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 02:32 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,962,429 times
If they start out really crappy, it can only go up from there. It's their business model . . .

[and yet they still find a way to go lower]

Old 08-23-2010, 02:35 PM

321 posts, read 881,018 times
Why would you wait on hold for ANY company for 45 minutes?? Or perhaps it wasn't quite that long??

Old 08-23-2010, 02:55 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,867,402 times
It's their crappy business model. I went to the TWC in Cary last Wednesday so that I could get the information I wanted face to face. It wasn't possible so they took the details and said the manager would call me - 5 days later I am still waiting

let's hope AT&T gets u-Verse rolled out here soon

Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 PM
jhk

108 posts, read 256,345 times
if possible, go into the one in raleigh. they will take care of you.

it still amazes me that AT&T cant give an estimated TOA to a certain area. Seems like they are just letting business slide right by.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:10 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,729,646 times
If we are going to complain about TWC, I have another one. One thing that has annoyed me is in their commercials they always tout their "Start Over" feature. I always thought it was a joke because there is a whopping 8 channels that have this feature and the only one I (well, my daughter) has ever watched is Nick, Jr. Well, over the summer I visited my folks in NY and they have over 90 channels with it! And on popular channels that real people actually watch!

Old 08-23-2010, 03:34 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,028,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalnc View Post
Why would you wait on hold for ANY company for 45 minutes?? Or perhaps it wasn't quite that long??
Entire call was 52 minutes..

Why I waited is a good question...
I guess its like the prize booths at the fair when you think "since I have invested so much already I should invest a tiny bit more & get the prize.
Otherwise I have wasted my money"

It takes them 10 minutes every time just to find our account.
I asked them if they had ever considered searching by mailing address
since they have no trouble getting my bill to me ..

TWC "thats not the way we do it"
Me "Hows that working for you ?"

Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,487,033 times
TWC offered me 12 months of digital cable for $40. I said I'd think about it. About a week later I called and asked to have that promotion. "It's not available now". "OK, I'm canceling and going to Dish Network for $25/month for 12 months".

The rep proceeded to go off on Satellite and downplay their service. She was pissed.

I hung up. I've been with Dish now for about 2 weeks. It goes go out in the storms we have had here lately (what are the odds, it doesn't rain for forever and decides to pour when I get satellite TV) but other than that I am really impressed with the quality.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:07 PM

249 posts, read 692,735 times
TWC's response to me when I canceled my cable was shocking. I switched to DISH 10 days ago and once it was installed, I called TWC to cancel. I was all ready for them to bash DISH. Instead, the guy just said, "your new bill for internet is $XX." I was disappointed. I wanted to get into a nice little argument. The guy sounded bored, but I do give him props for not bashing my decision.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:31 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,487,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanvald View Post
TWC's response to me when I canceled my cable was shocking. I switched to DISH 10 days ago and once it was installed, I called TWC to cancel. I was all ready for them to bash DISH. Instead, the guy just said, "your new bill for internet is $XX." I was disappointed. I wanted to get into a nice little argument. The guy sounded bored, but I do give him props for not bashing my decision.
I think they know it is a waste of time because you have already signed a 2-year contract. They did the same to me. They will call you every day though until you tell them to stop wasting their time and that TWC had their chance and blew it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary