Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 02:08 PM

55 posts, read 135,078 times

Advertisements

I think the big flea market in PC is the Sun Flea Mkt...

Anyone been there? Impessions positive or negative?

Any suggested fm's other than this one that are reasonable driving distance from PC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 02:22 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,914,037 times
It's OK. I wouldn't say it's anything really special. It's not that big. They have a huge play area for the kids, etc and that's probably the best part about it.

There's the Red Barn in Bradenton over on 1st St. Then there's Fleamaster in Ft Myers over off MLK.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:16 PM

Thanks for the info SoFLGal.

I was not familiar with Fleamaster but checked out their website and WOW, talk about big...that's about 10X the size of the one in PC per my understanding.

You're a local so maybe you can answer this [it came up on another forum]....do these fm's die "traffic-wise" out of season? I'm sure they have to drop but I'm wondering by how much?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:06 PM

166 posts, read 603,982 times
There is also Dome Flea in Venice too, but I haven't been there to recommend

Old 12-12-2009, 06:36 AM

70 posts, read 245,841 times
Red face Dome Flea Market-Venice

Quote:
Originally Posted by atroxanautin View Post
There is also Dome Flea in Venice too, but I haven't been there to recommend
The Dome in Venice has gotten smaller and smaller. Alot of the regular sellers have left. Some of said the rent has gotten to high to make a profit. I used to realy enjoy going to the Dome, it does still have a few nice vendors, but its not like it used to be.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwaymore View Post
Thanks for the info SoFLGal.

I was not familiar with Fleamaster but checked out their website and WOW, talk about big...that's about 10X the size of the one in PC per my understanding.

You're a local so maybe you can answer this [it came up on another forum]....do these fm's die "traffic-wise" out of season? I'm sure they have to drop but I'm wondering by how much?
Yeah it does get quite a bit smaller in the summer time-with traffic and vendors. I think some may be seasonal that just come down here for the winter to sell things.

Fleamaster is much, much bigger than the Sun.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:20 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,369 times
I also noticed the change to the Dome Flea Market.

It used to be packed with vendors during the winter season, now its a fraction of what it used to be. Do not believe it is a "seasonal" drop off as SoFLGal suggests in her response.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikimiller View Post
The Dome in Venice has gotten smaller and smaller. Alot of the regular sellers have left. Some of said the rent has gotten to high to make a profit. I used to realy enjoy going to the Dome, it does still have a few nice vendors, but its not like it used to be.
Good info.

I checked out their website and it said over 300 vendors and all the photos looked like it was a pretty happening place but doesnt sound like it is anymore.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post

It used to be packed with vendors during the winter season, now its a fraction of what it used to be. Do not believe it is a "seasonal" drop off as SoFLGal suggests in her response.
Maybe it's just the economy in general?

I would think flea markets would actually be busier in a down economy but ya never know I guess.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post

I'm sure the economy has quite a bit to do with it as well. I haven't been over to The Dome since I was a kid so I don't know how that one is doing. Actually, I haven't been any of the others, other than The Sun, since the economy has turned south. I do, however, remember talking to many vendors a few years ago about where they live and many said they live up north and sell down here in the winter.

I was thinking the same thing, golfwaymore. You'd think they'd actually be busier with everyone trying to get a bargain. Maybe the vendors can't affords the space to sell their goods. Who knows...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte