Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 04:11 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,903,040 times

Advertisements

I didn't know where to put this so I'll put it here. I considered making a thread asking what is the silliest unexpected web page to pop up randomly for you, without clicking or warning.

So I open my Amazon bookmark on my desktop and what do I see? A page about bibs. Not skiing bibs, not aprons... BABY bibs. What the hell?! Is Amazon trying to send me a Senior Citizen message?!

The only thing I can think of is that I've been thinking a lot about getting a kitchen apron but have not verbalized it or searched for it. And that's an apron not a freaking BIB! Dun dun DUN dun....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 07:09 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,125,824 times
A little too much champagne last night. :/

Old 02-15-2022, 11:03 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I didn't know where to put this so I'll put it here. I considered making a thread asking what is the silliest unexpected web page to pop up randomly for you, without clicking or warning.

So I open my Amazon bookmark on my desktop and what do I see? A page about bibs. Not skiing bibs, not aprons... BABY bibs. What the hell?! Is Amazon trying to send me a Senior Citizen message?!

The only thing I can think of is that I've been thinking a lot about getting a kitchen apron but have not verbalized it or searched for it. And that's an apron not a freaking BIB! Dun dun DUN dun....
I find it so hilarious, that we've gotten so used to the idea of being watched, tracked, spied on and advertised to in a targeted way, that we get all judgmental and irritated when the internet dishes up inappropriate ads to us. I do it, too. I just think it's really funny.

Ever scrolled Facebook angrily hiding ads and marking them as "IRRELEVANT"? I have. I'm all like, "Why would you show me that??? YOU KNOW WHO I AM." Like if a close relative or spouse bought me a completely inappropriate gift or something. How dare you? What are you trying to say, here??

But I laugh at my own moments of annoyance over such things.

Like the first time many years ago, when I caught myself feeling flustered because an automatic door at the grocery store was not opening fast enough and I actually had to pause and wait for it....and I thought, "I'm getting mad, when I don't even have to open this door myself. This is absurd."

Old 02-15-2022, 11:27 AM

11,081 posts, read 6,903,040 times
Definitely first world problems! I just cracked up when I saw that baby bib page. And it was for a package of multiples!

Old 02-15-2022, 11:37 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times
I am impatiently waiting on a call from the doctor. I was supposed to get the call at 1:30, it is now 1:36. I don't even have to leave my house for the appointment since they offered to do it over the phone. I am irritated the call is late. WTH is wrong with me???

Old 02-15-2022, 03:04 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,550,542 times
I adjusted a recipe for a 6 cup muffin pan because that's all I have and after doing that, I found out that I have a 12 cup pan. When did that happen and why didn't I know? I must have bought it because I don't think my husband has shopped for home stuff in ... ever? Now I know, so we'll have 12 muffins next time and not a measly six.

Old 02-15-2022, 06:18 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
When I buy an avocado it is never ready to eat that day. If I have to be gone the next day and can't eat it then it will be mushy the next day. Avocados are often a lesson in futility.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:06 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
When I buy an avocado it is never ready to eat that day. If I have to be gone the next day and can't eat it then it will be mushy the next day. Avocados are often a lesson in futility.
Doughnuts don't do that! Ha!

Old 02-16-2022, 05:27 AM

4,144 posts, read 3,061,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I find it so hilarious, that we've gotten so used to the idea of being watched, tracked, spied on and advertised to in a targeted way, that we get all judgmental and irritated when the internet dishes up inappropriate ads to us. I do it, too. I just think it's really funny.

Ever scrolled Facebook angrily hiding ads and marking them as "IRRELEVANT"? I have. I'm all like, "Why would you show me that??? YOU KNOW WHO I AM." Like if a close relative or spouse bought me a completely inappropriate gift or something. How dare you? What are you trying to say, here??

But I laugh at my own moments of annoyance over such things.

Like the first time many years ago, when I caught myself feeling flustered because an automatic door at the grocery store was not opening fast enough and I actually had to pause and wait for it....and I thought, "I'm getting mad, when I don't even have to open this door myself. This is absurd."

Even at the age of nearly 66, I still have to routinely pause for automatic doors. They are not set up for people who walk as fast as I do.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:21 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times
It is said that 1,000-year-old eggs are considered a delicacy in some cultures. Now I don't have to worry about the three eggs in the fridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology