Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2019, 01:29 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,657,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I made the best pot ...
Brownies? Gummy Bears?

Just kidding.

Sort of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 07:14 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Recently I meant to press the escape key on a laptop to take a video out of full screen and accidentally pressed the power button.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:15 PM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Currently fighting a cold. Figured I'd make a hot toddy. Unfortunately, the only bourbon I have open at the moment is an $80 bottle....

Old 10-01-2019, 07:01 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Currently fighting a cold. Figured I'd make a hot toddy. Unfortunately, the only bourbon I have open at the moment is an $80 bottle....
Go for it.

I didn't eat much yesterday for some weird reason but I drank a couple of glasses of wine that evening and doggone it if I haven't had a freaking headache all day long. I mean, I have been dragging. Then I realized that, well, I also haven't eaten much today either - because my head was hurting and I was dragging. So I ate something and BAM - no headache. So I felt oddly guilty - or rather, contrite - all day long thinking I had a hangover and wondering why my "alcohol tolerance" was so low - and it wasn't even that, apparently.

Totally wasted guilt. I mean, I have plenty of it and so there's plenty to spare but still...

Old 10-02-2019, 06:39 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Go for it.

I didn't eat much yesterday for some weird reason but I drank a couple of glasses of wine that evening and doggone it if I haven't had a freaking headache all day long. I mean, I have been dragging. Then I realized that, well, I also haven't eaten much today either - because my head was hurting and I was dragging. So I ate something and BAM - no headache. So I felt oddly guilty - or rather, contrite - all day long thinking I had a hangover and wondering why my "alcohol tolerance" was so low - and it wasn't even that, apparently.

Totally wasted guilt. I mean, I have plenty of it and so there's plenty to spare but still...
It certainly was a wonderful hot toddy...used a Jefferson's Reserve single barrel.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:57 AM

35,091 posts, read 17,051,842 times
This morning, walking into the White Plains train station, I Noticed for the first time but the fence around the parking lot prevented me from walking the most direct route to the entrance. I had to walk around the corner rather than diagonalling across the parking lot.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:30 PM

OK so I am a member of a wine club. I don't know why - God knows I don't normally spend $45 on a bottle of wine - and most of the wines they send I don't even open because they recommend giving them 5-7 years to age. But they caught me at a vulnerable moment I guess so I signed up.

It is wearing me totally out.

An adult has to sign for the package. These packages are sent via UPS. For some weird reason I can track the shipment but only to the point that it's "out for delivery." Well, that's about 9 am. So all day long I waited around the house. I mean, all day long. The tracking system kept saying "By the end of the day." FINALLY I had to leave because I had a meeting I had to go to at 6 pm. Ten minutes from my house. So I left at 5:50. Wouldn't you know they showed up - and did not deliver my wine - at 6:08? WHAT'S THAT ABOUT? So then I am inundated with emails and messages. What I want to say is "Suddenly you can use technology? Where was the technology when you were driving around after 6 pm with my shipment?"

You know, I could have shown up late for the meeting but dang it - get with the program, UPS.

Anyway, so tomorrow night I have plans as well. But I sent my friend a message - using this newfangled technology, and I said, "OK, bad news is I can't be there at 6 most likely. But the good news is that when I do come, I will have a really nice bottle of wine with me."

Old 10-05-2019, 12:36 AM

7,596 posts, read 4,168,148 times
My doctor group sent an invitation link to set up an online account with their practice. The only way to get this link is to ask for it in person or call and wait and wait and wait. So when I clicked on the link and it asked if I was Elyn, I accidently chose "no" in the drop down menu. It immediately caused the invitation to expire.

How annoying. So now I need to ask for the link again.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:56 AM

OK so stop me if I've already told you this. Well, I mean, stop yourself from reading because this will already be typed out.

So, we moved 20 minutes down the road, and I tried to get Suddenlink to just transfer my existing package from one address to two. Internet plus cable. I mean, surely I'm not the first person to move down the road.

You would have thought I was expecting them to build the space shuttle in my back yard. And get this - my new house had already HAD a nearly identical package - with Suddenlink - because they have a monopoly on internet service in this area. So basically, just turn it on.

It took five appointments, five different techs, hours on hold - I am not exaggerating any of this - calls to all sorts of departments - this ordeal dominated my life for TWO WEEKS.

To add the final insult to injury, last Friday I got not one, but TWO calls - at 3:08 and 3:13 AM - from an automated system telling me that an agent could not return my call. At that point, I began seriously wondering if someone at Suddenlink was messing with me.

But apparently they had done some major switchover in their system, because their brouhaha made the news. There were lines snaked out the door at their various locations, with people whose services had been messed up. The CITY even asked for feedback about Suddenlink on their Facebook page. So it wasn't just me - but I was caught up in their mess.

Now that is a first world problem - "My high speed internet service was wonky for two weeks."

Old 10-05-2019, 06:03 AM

7,596 posts, read 4,168,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Now that is a first world problem - "My high speed internet service was wonky for two weeks."
Wow. That is definitely annoying and a first world problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology