Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 07:40 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Oh, KA. You need that wine now.

I like Amazon a lot, but I adore Zappos. I sent for three pairs of shoes from them. They came in two days. I try them on. Nope. All too big. I repackage them after printing off the return shipping label. Slap that on the box, and the following day, deliver it to the local MailBox store to be returned. The SAME DAY I get an email that they have refunded the cost of my order.

Talk about easy and drama free.

One if my first world problems is finding shoes to fit my non standard feet.
LOL and I HAVE that wine now! Because I drove to the hood, not once but TWICE yesterday and picked the damn package up!!!!!!!

Hey, get this:

So I ordered an immersion blender from Amazon - a KitchenAid one. It didn't work - I mean, as in it didn't even turn on. So rather than contact Amazon, I just called the KitchenAid number instead, and I got AN AMERICAN, apparently IN AMERICA, on the phone. This sweet boy said, "It doesn't work? Well, what color did you order? Red? OK, it's shipped out to you now - along with a return box for your old one, and all you have to do is peel off the label inside your package, attach it to the box and put your non working one in the box and put it in your mailbox." I actually got the replacement one before I sent the non working one back in! Now THAT, ladies and gentleman, is good customer service!!!!!!!

Unlike Avon. But whatever. At this point, if I get my Avon package, I will be amazed and mildly delighted, if there is such a thing. If not - I'm already over it. I have given up all hope of Avon fulfillment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 07:41 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know. Slipping in cat vomit and injuring your knee kind of falls into a worse category than first world problems!! Gross and ouch at the same time.
This. This is not a first world problem. This is a serious problem in any culture!

This reminds me of the time I woke up and stepped in dog vomit - first thing in the morning. And yes, I also nearly fell - in shock, because frankly it was the last thing I expected.

This is a serious problem. Even if our pets do not consider it so. Apparently, dogs and cats have very active and sensitive gag reflexes so they throw up a lot. I don't understand this. I only throw up about once every 20 years.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:33 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
At least my dog ran to the door to vomit but I wasn't fast enough opening it for her. She has only vomited twice in the 15 months I have had her. I also throw up about once every 20 years but I hate it and hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:52 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,125,824 times
I ate lunch about an hour and a half ago. I feel like I skipped lunch. I am hungry. Grrrrrr.

Kathryn, I get annoyed about having to sign for wine delivery. Enjoy your wine.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:34 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
I went outside this morning to fill my heated birdbath and the electrical cord was sparking and sizzling and smoking. I immediately reached down to unplug it and then recoiled when I had the image of the EMTs finding my unconscious body, still sparking, and clothed in pajamas with illustrations of beer steins on them even though I don't even drink (they're comfy!)

I called my husband and breathlessly exclaimed, "The birdbath, Honey! It burns! It's doing... wrong." He said, "What's happening exactly?" And I exasperatedly repeated, "The birdbath! It's... smoking and I don't want to die of electrocution." He works just up the street, so he was home within minutes and he kicked the cord until it came unplugged, which I certainly could have done, I suppose. You should have seen the sparks fly out of that thing, though. Whooo. Not normal.

The birds and squirrels love that heated birdbath and I'm bummed that the cord is all fizzled. I suppose I could take a class at the local technical school and learn how to rewire it. But I'll probably just do the First World thang and buy another one.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:53 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,874,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I went outside this morning to fill my heated birdbath and the electrical cord was sparking and sizzling and smoking. I immediately reached down to unplug it and then recoiled when I had the image of the EMTs finding my unconscious body, still sparking, and clothed in pajamas with illustrations of beer steins on them even though I don't even drink (they're comfy!)

I called my husband and breathlessly exclaimed, "The birdbath, Honey! It burns! It's doing... wrong." He said, "What's happening exactly?" And I exasperatedly repeated, "The birdbath! It's... smoking and I don't want to die of electrocution." He works just up the street, so he was home within minutes and he kicked the cord until it came unplugged, which I certainly could have done, I suppose. You should have seen the sparks fly out of that thing, though. Whooo. Not normal.

The birds and squirrels love that heated birdbath and I'm bummed that the cord is all fizzled. I suppose I could take a class at the local technical school and learn how to rewire it. But I'll probably just do the First World thang and buy another one.

LOL....I had the same issue with my heater for the birdbath, only no sparking, just smoke. Burnt out, I guess. Yes....just buy another

Old 03-03-2019, 06:44 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
I've never heard of a heated bird bath but I live in SW Florida. We don't have much need for one here except once every 10 years or so. :-)

Old 03-03-2019, 06:49 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Heated birdbath? But wouldn't they be screwed as soon as they got out?

Old 03-03-2019, 09:31 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
Here in Wisconsin, the heated birdbath isn't as much a luxury item as it is, "If you don't want your water frozen into a block of ice the minute winter shows up, you'd better heat up that water, dontcha know!" I don't see any birds hanging out, hot tubbing in it. It's a good thing we only have 6 months of winter here in good ole Wisconsin! You know the movie, The Shining? I relate to it SO much. I'll be Jack, running through the labyrinth, screaming at Danny in just another week or so. "Daaannnnyyyy!!! What have you done to my heated birdbaaaaath?!"

Old 03-04-2019, 01:57 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
It is 29 degrees here right now. I am sick and tired of cold weather. I usually like winter, but it's March 4th. Our average high this time of year is the low 60s. We'll be lucky if we get above freezing today. Enough already! Are you listening weather gods? Take this weather and stick it where the sun don't shine. Literally!

Of course, as I write this I'm sitting in a centrally heated house. But that's beside the point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology