Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2017, 04:44 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,167,237 times

Advertisements

My camera battery died 15 mins before a beautiful male cardinal showed up at my bird feeder.. placed strategically so I could take photos of birds other than sparrows. In 3 years I've never seen a cardinal at this feeder. He chooses NOW to do it...

Time to get a back up battery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 04:47 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,167,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Just got back from a short trip. Did all of my laundry within 4 hours of coming home, now must finish sorting and putting away that laundry. Yawn. I don't want to.

Also have to visit the grocer. I am so sick of buying groceries! Now that's a first world problem!
I don't mind buying them and even taking them to the car. But I HATE putting them all away. It is such a thankless chore.. I like folding laundry too, but I hate putting it away. There is already too much stuff crammed into the drawers (things i don't wear much) and confess to living out of laundry baskets for some weeks here and there.. Caution, do not buy extra laundry baskets!!

Old 04-24-2017, 08:16 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
I sometimes think to myself "I'm so sick of food and everything that goes along with it" - making a list, trying to decide what to buy, going to the grocery store, lugging the groceries up a long flight of stairs, putting it away, cooking it and cleaning up after I eat. But then I realize how many people in this world wish they had this problem of being tired of food and I thank my lucky stars that I wasn't born in some of these poverty stricken nations. Yes, our first world problems. :-)

Old 04-24-2017, 02:55 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I sometimes think to myself "I'm so sick of food and everything that goes along with it" - making a list, trying to decide what to buy, going to the grocery store, lugging the groceries up a long flight of stairs, putting it away, cooking it and cleaning up after I eat. But then I realize how many people in this world wish they had this problem of being tired of food and I thank my lucky stars that I wasn't born in some of these poverty stricken nations. Yes, our first world problems. :-)
You have captured my feelings exactly. Having choices, plenty of food, spaces to store the food--these are first world problems.

And yet, I am sick to death of shopping for food. I've been doing this for 46 1/2 years.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:43 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Doing the laundry last night, I got a little exasperated at how many clothes my husband has. He could practically hold a men's charity fashion show.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:39 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,050,754 times
Broke down and bought an Apple TV Unit today. Now trying to decide which one of the 6 TVs I will put it on.....smh

Old 04-24-2017, 09:57 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
Broke down and bought an Apple TV Unit today. Now trying to decide which one of the 6 TVs I will put it on.....smh
You think that's bad? My husband called me a few weeks ago from out of state and said, "We HAVE TO order the Amazon Fire TV thingie!" Well, I said, "We already have one internet TV, and three Roku boxes, and DirecTV - tell me why we need to order something else TV related?" He said, "Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..." Well, actually he said some other words but I didn't know what the heck he was talking about. Hey, as long as I have Amazon, Starz, and Acorn TV, I'm a happy camper so I'm already happy.

Anyway, I ordered it. It came in. It has sat on his desk for two weeks now. And today I got an email from Amazon asking me if we needed some customer service in order to activate this thing. Hell, I don't even know what it is or what it does.

Now I feel pressured to open the box and do something with it but on the other hand I really couldn't care less. And I think we paid money for this thing too. What to do, what to do...so much stress...

Old 04-24-2017, 11:05 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,050,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You think that's bad? My husband called me a few weeks ago from out of state and said, "We HAVE TO order the Amazon Fire TV thingie!" Well, I said, "We already have one internet TV, and three Roku boxes, and DirecTV - tell me why we need to order something else TV related?" He said, "Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..." Well, actually he said some other words but I didn't know what the heck he was talking about. Hey, as long as I have Amazon, Starz, and Acorn TV, I'm a happy camper so I'm already happy.

Anyway, I ordered it. It came in. It has sat on his desk for two weeks now. And today I got an email from Amazon asking me if we needed some customer service in order to activate this thing. Hell, I don't even know what it is or what it does.

Now I feel pressured to open the box and do something with it but on the other hand I really couldn't care less. And I think we paid money for this thing too. What to do, what to do...so much stress...
I feel your pain.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:18 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
I got new kitchen countertops, which means I had to get a new sink even though there was nothing wrong with the old one except that it didn't go with the new counters.

That's enough of a FWP. But the rest?

I ordered a 60/40 stainless sink, with one side larger than the other, and the kitchen guys, who I'm guessing have never really washed a large meal's worth of dishes, installed the garbage disposal on the "40 side" instead of the "60 side," so the smaller side where I would normally place my dish drainer is the one where I guess I'm supposed to wash all the skillets and casserole dishes etc?

Add "redo garbage disposal" to that punch list!!

Old 04-25-2017, 07:39 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I know. It's a mindset, isn't it? Look at people in the grocery store, they look like they're walking into a funeral. Oh the drudgery of it all!

A couple years ago I read "A Fine Balance" (great book, but sad) and that changed my mind about shopping for food. The book is set in India and they're in grinding poverty, under Indira Ghandi's reign, and it just reminds you the joy of being able to obtain delicious healthy food easily. Now when I'm in the produce isle, I think wow what is that thing? Wow, look at those beautiful strawberries!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology