Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 02:18 PM

505 posts, read 584,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
OK, I really don't get this. Why does it seem that the overwhelming majority of physically attractive women ONLY hang out with other attractive women, and not a mix of ALL types??

I'm not talking about them hanging out with sisters, cousins or other blood relatives where it would genetically be normal for attractive genes, but I'm talking about friends that are NOT related by blood.

It seems as if this is a conscious decision to exclude even average looking women, otherwise I know I would see a much broader mix with 1/3 unattractive, 1/3 average, and another 1/3 attractive, but a swear its skewed 95/5.

Its bad enough that so many of them treat men like 2nd class citizens, but I am wondering if they are equally snubbing their nose at other women even who might have not been as lucky to be dealt a good hand when they were born.

I can't imagine that this is random, and that there is a 90% chance this is more sinister that random, but prove me wrong with facts.

Bottom line is I think that this is MORE wrong that only hanging out with peers of a similar socio-economic class or educational attainment level. At least you have the chance in the USA to go from being poor to being rich if you work hard and smart, but you can't naturally alter the way you look.
First of all you can alter the way you look. There are so many options today!

When you're an attractive female and you associate with overweight, non-health conscious, non make-up wearing females who don't put forth any effort there will always be jealousy, hatred and few things in common. Also, men will not approach you if you're with someone who appears unsanitary and like they gave up on life. You call it sinister, I call it making it an investment in oneself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 07:20 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,640 posts, read 17,994,810 times
I for one, agree with the OP, with a caveat. Women who spend a great deal of time on their appearance tend to prefer hanging out with one another.

And women who spend less time, money, effort on their appearances tend to hang out together.

The vast majority of women - if it's a lifelong focus for them to be attractive - can achieve a level of attractiveness that is higher than average. And they are drawn to others who are similarly focused.

Sorry to bore everyone to death. But that's the reality - as I have seen it.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:33 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times
women are herd animals...you got to split one off...like a wolf would do to a caribou

never approach the herd ...you wont stand a chance....like one lion against the herd of cape buffalos...they can trample you in 5 minutes

Old 06-05-2017, 05:27 AM

676 posts, read 528,781 times
Speaking for myself, and I realize that I am not the norm, I spend time and effort on my appearance as far as being healthy and fit. It is easy enough to do and does not take much time or effort from other pursuits. People seem to think that women who look after themselves are focused on appearance and men who look after themselves are healthy.

I don't wear makeup and I don't color my hair, as a result my skin and hair have not been damaged by those chemicals.

The only other people I socialize with are family members and they run the gamut from attractive to not-so-attractive mostly based on how much they take care of their health and not due to any inherent genetic trait.

My mother used to say that if you were healthy and fit you'd look good wearing a paper bag.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:11 PM

343 posts, read 317,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erauso1592 View Post
..birds of a feather flock together...
and ...you're judged by the company that you keep...
etc...

it's all true.

beauty standards are different to each person..they also vary by cultures.

somebody who is fantastically obese with bad hygiene is not only somebody many people won't hang out with...but job wise, that person will be limited to certain occupations in life. Men can get away with looking like that, but most women are going to be severely judged.
It depends on your lifestyle. If it's important for you to look great, be healthy and be around people with high vibrations, that is what you are going to aim for in your life.
The ones that are lazy, depressed, sloppy or have social issues that they can't solve, leave them be. It's their responsibility to solve their own problems. Live and let live.

*My response to this is based off my own experiences in life so far*

Also, the saying 'you are who you hang with' applies. I think for some people who are perceived as being average looking or below average may not "know" because to them, looking and feeling bad all the time is there 'normal' although it is not normal to go through life like that, I equate it with being stuck in a rut and being depressed....is it normal to not give a **** about life or yourself for years? I think they develop some kind of victim complex because they don't really know how to do the work to improve themselves or their lives and they become stuck, and it doesn't help when they DO decide to do something about it and the attractive people put them down for it because god forbid they should have any competition in the world.

It takes work to get the things we want it life, i guess not many people know this or want to do the work? Like why exercise to lose weight, when you could take diet pills or lipo or cryotherapy? See what I mean?

Im just now learning that if i want to look and feel MY best, the only person that is going to take care of that is me. Yes, i may have support....but it is up to me, and i can do something about it. Just because you are mediocre in life does not mean you have to stay that way, you can work to improve yourself...self growth is an amazing thing.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:14 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Because unattractive women are jealous of our looks and are mean to us. We on the other hand have something in common. We trade beauty secrets.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:49 PM

343 posts, read 317,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Because unattractive women are jealous of our looks and are mean to us. We on the other hand have something in common. We trade beauty secrets.
Unattractive people know what its like to be human and have a soul. Attractive people also have this in common: you are jealous of each other's beauty and compete for attention.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
OK, I really don't get this. Why does it seem that the overwhelming majority of physically attractive women ONLY hang out with other attractive women, and not a mix of ALL types??

I'm not talking about them hanging out with sisters, cousins or other blood relatives where it would genetically be normal for attractive genes, but I'm talking about friends that are NOT related by blood.

It seems as if this is a conscious decision to exclude even average looking women, otherwise I know I would see a much broader mix with 1/3 unattractive, 1/3 average, and another 1/3 attractive, but a swear its skewed 95/5.

Its bad enough that so many of them treat men like 2nd class citizens, but I am wondering if they are equally snubbing their nose at other women even who might have not been as lucky to be dealt a good hand when they were born.

I can't imagine that this is random, and that there is a 90% chance this is more sinister that random, but prove me wrong with facts.

Bottom line is I think that this is MORE wrong that only hanging out with peers of a similar socio-economic class or educational attainment level. At least you have the chance in the USA to go from being poor to being rich if you work hard and smart, but you can't naturally alter the way you look.
All of the problems in this world and this is your hangup?

Old 06-11-2017, 02:39 PM

111 posts, read 91,045 times
I'm going to guess that they are trying to sexually intimidate men. They already put their makeup on and went to the salon and bought their sexy clothes, getting their sexiest look together, they need to take their attraction to the next level. Bringing an unattractive girl in drab clothes would diminish their sexual power and lower the chance of selection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology