Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 08:21 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,933,964 times

Advertisements

Move to the USA
Alabama, Kentucky, or Mississippi...its ok there

aw come on....I kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 11:13 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,952,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Move to the USA

aw come on....I kid
And the residents of these states are getting extremely tired of such "kidding". Knock it off.

Stereotypes, anyone? Just substitute the name of any ethnic group or minority for these states, and perhaps you'll get it. Better yet, come visit any or all of these states. You would likely have your consciousness raised considerably as a result.

OP: You are in love with an impossible dream, based on a very idealized version of someone who is far away and unavailable to you, so that she is no threat and is thus "safe". Her kinship makes her equally unavailable.

See what you can do to meet local young people of your own age - both young men and young women - and establish a social life. Consider volunteering, church activities, hobbies. I am not sure what your options are in Vietnam, but get yourself to wherever others your age hang out. Avoid spending hours online, mooning about your cousin. Put some real-life activities in place instead. If you have a job, focus on that.

Remember, new people do not know that you are shy or self-conscious, so you can present yourself as being friendly, pleasant, and more interested in them than in yourself when you first meet them. Give it a try. You have little to lose and much to gain by widening your circle.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:19 AM

714 posts, read 751,491 times
Being physically attracted to someone you don't see frequently (as you would with a sibling/parent) is fine. It's the obsession and what it's done to you that is concerning. You do need to seek help, not necessarily professional help at this point, but help.

From what you've said about being very uncomfortable talking to girls, I feel like your obsession is driven almost entirely by the fact that she spent time with you and paid attention to you and you had a good time. There are beautiful women all over the place, why do you not obsess over them but go all-in emotionally on your cousin? I've seen and met A LOT of gorgeous women (pretty much everyone has in one way or another) but they never stick in my mind past the next time I see a super hot babe... UNLESS there was significant interaction. It just seems like she's the only girl that you've been able to enjoy yourself with and she's cute, hence the obsession.

Find someone you can talk to about it. If you don't know anyone that you trust with this information, find a professional.

In the meantime, hide her on Facebook so you don't see her posts. Don't block her as someone else said, how are you gonna explain that lol.. The less she pops into your mind, the better. If you can befriend some girls and get comfortable talking with them and interacting with them, you'll get a girl eventually and look back on this and laugh.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:23 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,649,209 times
Faint heart never won fair lady.

Go to Sweden. Court her. The familial love is already there. Perhaps it will will grow into romantic love on her part if she doesn't already have feelings for you. Your family will be strengthened if you marry her. Go to Sweden.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:45 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,952,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Faint heart never won fair lady.

Go to Sweden. Court her. The familial love is already there. Perhaps it will will grow into romantic love on her part if she doesn't already have feelings for you. Your family will be strengthened if you marry her. Go to Sweden.
Better check out Swedish law concerning marriage between cousins before making the trip.

On the other hand, perhaps such a trip would serve as a reality check. A pretty expensive reality check, but possibly worth the cost.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:47 PM

576 posts, read 827,333 times
Probably just hormones, Anyone that is remotely attractive will probably make you all flustered. Don't act on the crush. She is related to you and it would be weird to try and initiate a relationship with her.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:59 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,031,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Move to the USA

aw come on....I kid
Lol! I was gonna say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology