Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 03:27 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,611,136 times

Advertisements

NordicTrack MTN 740

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I like the stepper exercise machines because they are good workouts machines. They also allow me to fix my posture a bit since I need to stand straight and with a decent balance for me to maximize my workout. I got the NordicTrack MTN 740 Stepper about 4 months ago and I love to workout more and more. It is a full size stepper so durability is definitely good and it won't move while you using the machine. So balancing yourself won't be too much of a problem. At least the machine won't add to any imbalance problems that you might have. It also comes with a couple of built in fans as well as a heart monitor, for those who like to monitor their heart rate for optimal fat burning levels. The display on the machine can also track speed, calories burned, and steps as well as distance traveled.
Also, this being a full size stepper, I like how when I'm at the last few minutes of my workout I'm able to lean on the handles. After 40 minutes of stepping I am normally extremely exhausted already but since I do try to push myself during my workouts the handles act as great support. The weight capacity for the machine is 250 lb though, which is actually a bit lower than most machines but this is a budget stepper so it is understandable. I would be devistated if this machine broke for getting a new one wouldn't be that hard but i have grown attached to the one I own.

The warranty on the motor and frame is amazing though since it's a lifetime one. You just can't find this kind of warranty with any other machine so this makes my purchase a pretty good investment. For the other parts and labour, it's only 1 year though.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews