Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:40 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Dyson DC25 All Floors

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I bought this Dyson with the intention of finally having a vacuum which works well on our hardwood floors as well as carpet, and I was not disappointed. The suction of this vacuum is outstanding on all surfaces. Rather than having multiple height settings for both low and higher pile carpet surfaces like most vacuums, the Dyson DC 25 has only one height setting and self-adjusts to the surface. There is a roller turn-off button for vacuuming hard floors, so the kick-back of flying dirt I usually experience when using other vacuums on hard floors is nonexistent with the Dyson. I have taken this vacuum for a beating, cleaning up pet hair, cat litter, food crumbs and dirt left by children, cobwebs, and sawdust, and the suction is still as great as the day I pulled it out of the box.

This vacuum is thoughtfully and attractively designed. The handle placement makes the unit easy to carry up and down stairs. The attachments are organized well and stay out of your way. The vacuum tube pulls out of the handle for using the hand tools in a very clever and handy way--no kneeling on the floor like with other vacuums--and slides back in neatly and easily. The attachments themselves work just fine, although I think they could be improved a little. The brush tool is smaller than average, and an additional long tube would be nice for reaching high ceiling corners. There are more tools available for sale separately, however.

The roller ball aspect of the vacuum takes some getting used to. It does allow you to get into tight and awkward spots that an ordinary vacuum simply could not do. I will note, however, that it takes a little more muscle to steer the vacuum.

The dirt canister is extremely easy to empty. The canister pulls out with little effort, and it pops open to release the dirt with the pressing of a single button. There are no piles of dust left on your floor, and your fingers stay out of the mess. Everything pops back together very easily and cleanly. In addition, the Dyson DC 25 comes with two filters that are washable, so you don't have to buy new ones.

This is an expensive vacuum compared to others on the market, but the suction and durability are a clear improvement over vacuums I have used at lower price points. If you want a truly quality vacuum that will work on all floor types, pick up tough spills, and do it all while never losing suction, the Dyson is one to consider.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,592,135 times
But does it void carpet warranties on some carpets because it doesn't have a height adjustment? Sure you can shut off the beater bar on other Dyson models (I'm guessing you can on this one too). But it is a MAJOR struggle to push a Dyson vacuum over deep pile carpet with the beater bar off.

I love my DC 17 Animal. But I'm hesitant as to what I will face when shopping for new carpet. I've heard stories that certain carpet manufacturers will not honor a warranty if the carpet was vacuumed with a Dyson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews