Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 05:05 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,623,547 times

Advertisements

Brother XL-3750 Convertible 35-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine with Quilting Features

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I know how to hand-sew but I never did learn how to sew on a sewing machine. When I started to become interested in quilting, I got really interested! And while the hand-sewn quilts I was making were definitely beautiful, they certainly also took a very long time to complete! That's when I decided to invest in a sewing machine. And, I may have done it sooner if I had known that they make sewing machines especially for quilting! That's what I have found with the Brother XL-3750 Convertible 35-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine with Quilting Features.

The first thing I checked out on this sewing machine of course, were the quilting features. I actually thought there would only be a few, as the name of the machine suggests they may have been an afterthought on the part of the manufacturer. But that's not true at all - they may as well call this a sewing machine for quilting! Not only are there 35 different stitches that this machine can do, but there are also double that many stitching functions - 73 in fact! And a quilting table comes with it too so I can spread out the quilts as I go and not worry about stitching it together, or having it laying on the ground getting dirty while I work. But these were just the features that I noticed right out of the box. There are a whole slew of other features that at first, I didn't even know what they did! It also has a case for carrying fabric, which I find especially useful when I need a handy place to put all of my patches of cloth.

Some of these features are an automatic needle threader, a drop-in bobbin, an automatic bobbin winder, and even a buttonholer that will correctly and accurately size buttons for you and make the hole! I also really like the illuminating light, which makes it much easier to see what and where I am stitching.

If there is anything that I dislike about this sewing machine it would be that it may have come with too many functions. And while the sewing machine advertises itself as being perfect for both novices and experts to use, I found it a little overwhelming. I've had the machine for over six months now, and I'm still learning about many of the quirks and features it has.

All in all, I am very happy with the sewing machine. The things that I needed to use with it right away, which were the quilting features, are very user-friendly and easy to understand right away. And it only cost me $125.00, which I thought was a great price for a machine that came specially designed for the purpose I needed it for!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews