Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 11:54 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,641,567 times

Advertisements

Smooth Fitness Agile DMT Elliptical Trainer

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I was in the market for an elliptical trainer and have read online that the Smooth Fitness Agile DMT was just as good as the ones at the local health clubs. I tried it out at a local sporting goods store and was very impressed. I've owned elliptical trainers before and was looking for the highest quality one on the market as I've purchased inexpensive ones in the past and they did not perform up to my expectations. The one downside of the Smooth Fitness Agile DMT is the hefty price of $2999.00. This is very expensive for an elliptical trainer.

Upon trying it out at the store I noticed it was very stable even at a high rate of speed compared to most other at home elliptical trainers on the market I tried that day. It's one of the heaviest elliptical trainers weighing in at 400 pounds, so make sure to have a lot of help when assembling it. It looks and feels just like the ones at the gym.

I have short legs so the adjustable stride length feature was nice. The stride can range anywhere from 19" to 24" which makes it great for adjusting your workout. Other features were the 12 motion levels, 20 different intensity levels, and several pre-programmed workouts. The warranty was also very strong and provides lifetime coverage on the frame and braking system, five years on parts and electronics, and two years on labor. Most elliptical trainers only offer 90 days on labor.

The downside was the assembly and transportation. It took me and three friends to move it into my house. Again, the 400 pound weight means its quality but is a pain when it comes to moving it. It also requires more room than most elliptical trainers. Set up took quite awhile so it may be worth the time and money to have the delivery company set it up if that's not your thing. All in all it provides a great workout and should last for many years.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews