Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 11:53 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,604,457 times

Advertisements

Whirlpool Quiet Wash Plus Dishwasher

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

When we first moved into our home, I was so excited to see that it had a built-in dishwasher! I had never had a dishwasher before and so the mere thought of any machine doing that arduous chore for me got me very excited! When I saw that it was a Whirlpool Quiet Wash Plus dishwasher, I got even more excited because I know what a big name they are in appliances! But my excitement quickly waned. This dishwasher does look full of fantastic features on the surface. But after just a few weeks of using it, I found out that it lacked one main one - to consistently wash my dishes!

The worst thing about this dishwasher is that it doesn't always clean the dishes that are in it. And while everything else about the machine seems to be pretty good, when you're talking about a dishwasher, you're sort of hoping it will clean the dishes. To be fair, it's not every time that the machine leaves behind dirty dishes. But every now and then I'll find that it has done a really poor job of cleaning a particular load, or there are hard bits stuck to all of my dishes once the cycle is through.I do find also, that the machine reacts better with certain soaps than it does with others.

The Whirlpool Quiet Wash Plus dishwasher also has a utensil rack on the door. At first I thought I would love this feature, because it meant more room that I could pile dishes onto on the racks. But the utensils that I do place in the door rack very rarely come clean because there is no sprayer or direct water hitting them. I usually still just place most of the utensils on the top rack with the glasses to get it clean.

One of the things that surprised me most about this dishwasher is that it's not very quiet. While we can turn it on and go to bed, I think that's mostly because it's on the floor below us. If we're watching TV in the next room on the other hand and the dishwasher is running, we need to turn the television up to hear it over the dishwasher. Given that this model prides itself on being so quiet, I was surprised to hear that it was so loud.

There are four different automatic programs that can be run simply by pushing buttons on the front door. These programs are: normal, heavy, pots and pans, and low-energy. I have used all of them and have found that the cycle that gets the dishes the cleanest is the normal cycle. Even with a large load, when I use one of the larger load settings, the dishes don't seem to come as clean. One of the cycles that I do love with this dishwasher is the rinse-only feature. I have a lot of nick-knacks that I don't really want to use harsh soap with but they do require dusting from time to time, and this cycle does make that job much easier.

If I had bought this dishwasher myself, I would have been very disappointed in it only because I would have spent over $500 on something that I was so dissatisfied with. I didn't pay for it and it still cleans my dishes well enough that I don't have to clean them myself. But overall I have to give this dishwasher a thumbs-down, as it just doesn't perform the way I think a quality dishwasher should.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 10,636 times
5 years ago we bought a Whirlpool Quiet Wash Plus. The choice of which brand of detergent makes a big difference. We put caked on, nasty dishes in it and use Cascade Plus. I've yet to find anything dirty after using the normal wash cycle. Regarding the utensil basket on the door - I move it to the bottom rack on any dishwasher. Everything gets clean.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
Makes sense since bottom rack is where heavily soiled dishes are recommended on almost any washer and why top rack for plastics etc. Trouble is in many states the allowable formula for washing detergent has changed making even top brands not clean as well .Hopefully it will be worked out in time like other cleaners.So far t linm mited as to sdtate but likely coming to all in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews