Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,612,389 times

Advertisements

2005 Toyota Camry XLE Sedan

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The 2005 Camry is considered one of the best cars in its price range and my car is one of the best I have ever owned. The look of the car changed in 2005 and all of the models come with antilock brakes. It has an automatic transmission and handles well, even in dicey Midwest driving conditions. The care is comfortable and safe and is known for maintaining its high resale value, although I will probably drive it for as long as it is running. The Camry is known for costing more than other similar cars, but I believe the comfort and reliability of my car was worth the extra cost. The car is a practical family option and offers plenty of legroom for passengers. The car is most comfortable for four passengers, but we have squeezed three into the backseat for a grand total of five riders and while tight, it was not miserable.

There are a lot of features on the car that make it more comfortable and convenient. Cruise control makes long drives easier. There is plenty of interior storage including a pocket on the backs of the front seats, console, a cargo net, front and back seat door pockets and a section in the overhead which is great for sunglasses. The steering wheel tilts, so the seating and driving is comfortable for drivers of all sizes. There is also a 12V power outlet which works with my iPod and I do not have to plug it into the cigarette lighter, as is the case in older cars. There are front reading lights which work well for reading maps after dark. My model also has a moon roof, which is one of my favorite features of the car. For the money, this is a great, reliable car.

In addition to the standard anti-lock brake system, the 2005 Camry offers a variety of other safety features. It has a remote controlled anti-theft system, child safety locks on the back doors, fog lights, five total headrests, a center seatbelt in the backseat, an emergency interior trunk release switch and child safety seat anchors.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews