Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,629,380 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire Black 24-Inch Built-In Dishwasher ENERGY STAR®

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I was recently in the market for a new dishwasher and I came across this Frigidaire dishwasher at our local appliance store. I was looking for one in black being that all our other appliances in the home are black and wanted a dishwasher to match the color scheme in our home. The Frigidaire 24-Inch Built-In Dishwasher model (FDB520RH) was calling out to me the minute I saw it.

First thing I have to mention is that I was not looking to spend a lot of money on a dishwasher. This entry level Frigidaire dishwasher was priced just right coming in under $250 dollars and was offered in black. When I began to see all the bells and whistles Frigidaire included with this unit I was blown away. For starters, there are 3 cycles to choose from for washing cycles (Pots and Pans, Normal, and light wash) and 3 options for temperature and delay (delay start, High Temp Wash, and Heated Dry). I really like the delay setting, by choosing the delay start option your dishwasher is programmed to start when you want it to with a 2, 4, or 6 hour delay. This is a easy to use dishwasher with touch control pads on the front of the console. You won't have to worry about pre-washing all those messy pots and pans either with the Frigidaire dishwasher 100 percent filtration system which filters all of the water so you won't have to worry about those spotted glasses and streaks on your plates like those older models used to leave behind. The dishwasher is an Energy Star model (FDB520RH) which is great being that I wanted to save money where ever I could. This meant up to 20% less energy use for the dishwasher when compared to older models that didn't offer this feature.

Overall I think the Frigidaire Black 24-Inch Built-In Dishwasher Energy Star Model (FDB520RH) is a great value and I would give it 4 stars out of 5 stars with 5 stars being the best. The only reason I would not give it a 5 out of 5 is because it is very loud so you may want to run your new dishwasher at night while you are sleeping so you don't have to hear it.

Nirra Poret

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews