Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,642,363 times

Advertisements

Movado Museum Women's Watch With Stainless Steel Case and Leather Strap

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I received the Movado Museum Women's watch as a gift from my husband about four years ago. I don't usually purchase expensive jewelry and have never owned an expensive watch, so I was rather alarmed by the cost of almost $600.00. However, having owned the watch for several years, I am extremely pleased with it.

The watch has a stainless steel case with a plain black face and a single crystal at the top. The strap is black leather and has a stainless clasp. It is simple, modern and attractive, which appealed to me. I like clean-looking, timeless jewelry pieces and this watch is very classy. I have received many compliments.

I personally consider watches to be utilitarian, and I wear this watch every day, all day. It goes on my arm when I get out of the shower in the morning and it doesn't come off until I go to bed at night. The watch has often gotten wet, pinched under heavy items, scraped along rough surfaces, and any other abuse you can think of. Despite my poor treatment, the watch remains in good condition, with only minor scratches on the watch face itself.

I have had bad experiences with leather watch straps in the past, so I was unhappy with the choice of strap when I received the watch. However, the strap has not stretched nor broken, and it has no cracks. It is showing some mild wear, likely due to the difficult conditions that I often subject it to. Under kinder treatment, I don't doubt that it would still look new.

Further, despite the fact that this watch has been running continuously for four years, it still keeps perfect time and has never needed adjustment other than changes for daylight savings time.

I was extremely concerned to receive such an expensive watch because I am hard on watches. I thought that because the Movado is a designer watch, you were paying for the image rather than for durability. I fully expected to be replacing it within a few months. However, because it is the first watch I have owned that has lasted four years, so I must admit that I seriously misjudged the quality. I expect my Movado to continue working well into the future. It is a top-quality product and I would recommend it to anyone. It has been worth every cent.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews